Forums

Help › Forums

Where do all the credits go?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 23 2014 1:46 PM (7 replies)
  • RonLunk
    259 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 4:43 AM

I just recently won a bracket tourney (the ol' bricka-bracka bracket.) and the purse was 192 credits, but I only received 100.  Please explain?

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 5:46 AM

It's in the FAQs =>

Take into account that forth place is probably not payed out due to WD but shared between the other three.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 7:38 AM

alosso:
    Take into account that forth place is probably not payed out due to WD but shared between the other three.

Nope, WDs are paid out the same as if the score was posted and the match lost.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 9:58 AM

Thanks for explaining!

I was bitten by the numbers, obviously unsharp. I thought that such split might bring the numbers closer to the OP's reporting, which isn't true on close inspection.

We may assume that this "100" was in fact only 96.

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sat, Dec 20 2014 4:23 PM

alosso:

We may assume that this "100" was in fact only 96.

Well, it should be.

However, there was (probably still is) one huge programming error with the bracket payoffs. They did not take into account the option of both finalists taking a WD. In this case, both semifinalists get paid (10% of the purse each), while the finalists get nothing and WGT gets 80% of the purse, plus their 10% rake. And that is criminal in my book.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 3:29 AM

Outch!

So, a WD in the semifinals is awarded 10%, but a double WD in the final isn't?

While the latter is the same than in Skins, it's unlogic compared to the former.

Nevertheless, I'm not surprised about such mess.

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 4:13 AM

RonLunk:

I just recently won a bracket tourney (the ol' bricka-bracka bracket.) and the purse was 192 credits, but I only received 100.  Please explain?

You were famous on here 12 months ago Ron, for all the wrong reasons.

Good luck with your 92 cents.

• RonLunk
    259 Posts
    Tue, Dec 23 2014 1:46 PM

Wow, good memory.  Yes that was me and I served my suspension but its great to know that some people dont have anything better to do than troll the forums and make wise cracks...good for you!!!!!

All kidding aside, I was really asking a serious question and 92 credits is important to some of us and its alway nice to see that some fellow players actually care and give their advice/knowledge to us that do not know.

So "Nanstar" all I have to say is, you and your loved ones have a very blessed Chhristmas and a Happy New Year...please do something nice for someone.

Thanks for your input...Ron

RSS