Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Need help on Browser Tools

rated by 0 users
Mon, Dec 22 2014 5:15 AM (32 replies)
  • ckinfidel
    156 Posts
    Wed, Dec 17 2014 6:44 PM

Was watching the stars on Twitchy the other days and say waLkOfLiFe and others using a tool bar with a tool set like "paint" or something. He was using a cm-scale-ruler and could fit inside the game and was , well he's really good. But my question is which browser is that and how can I get a working scale inside game as he uses? it sure would help. I friended him but maybe it's some secret?

I sure could use that and think it might help everyones game.

So gfar I've posted x2, asked WOL9 but he doesn't know me) wgtx2 and all friends but friends are asking same question.

Please if you can help and link, leave it here. 

Thanks in advance

Merry Christmas and Happy Chanukah to all

CK

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:33 AM

Check your wall. I left a message for you.

It's merely a ping (png) image that is an overlay.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 11:45 AM

I think this is what you're after.

https://sites.google.com/site/rulerhelp/

• ckinfidel
    156 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 12:05 PM

Thanks I have befriended him and feel he's probably overwhelmed with questions. I will be patient

• ckinfidel
    156 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 12:12 PM

Hi yankee. Yes I downloaded that this weekend and there is a problem in that

1: it cannot format a ruler inside the wgt window therefore  the ruler was only to scale  as per my monitor not inside the wgt program.

This person has the wgt browesr inset with a tools-bar underneath that can run scales inside wgt.

2:I tried the ruler /scale download and it was useless because  there was no way to inset the scale inside wgt and utilize it for say windage or elevations( mainly windage.

I have also searched the web and it LOOKS like a CAD or a paint ot maybe some other program but I have no idea which browser allows a ruler/scale inside a game board such as wgt.

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 6:06 PM

If you're on a Mac... This works great... http://www.pascal.com/software/freeruler/

The ruler is not 'inside' the game window, you can't run or install anything in there. The ruler is on top of the game window only. Depending on which one you use, there are ones for PC that will scale to pixels, you can 'calibrate' them to your screen size. But really, you don't need to.

The one there for OSX will scale pixels.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 5:19 AM

The OP might be thinking about the WGT Caddy that Sluny came up with in 2009. 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/6988.aspx

• Partsman41953
    341 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 6:06 AM

I do not want to hijack this thread but I am really in need of trying to find a browser that works and did not know where to post this.

I am running Windows XP on a work computer and was using Opera until a couple of days ago when I tried to play and when I tried to swing nothing happened and the "swing" icon was not there. I was running Comodo Dragon and the meter started going haywire and it would not stop where I wanted it to and then my putting got bad as again the meter would stop where it wanted to. I heard that Maxthon 3 was a good browser but when I downloaded that browser when I went to the home page I got a "fatal error" message so I uninstalled that browser.

I am open to any suggestions so I can get back to playing again.

Thanks 

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 6:41 AM

If you search the forum, you'll find huge threads on browsers.... It's roulette now...

Go here. http://www.golfchannel.com/virtualgolf/   In Opera or whatever, see how the game plays for you.

There is no best browser... The Maxthon beta 3.5.x seems to be the most reliable... but again..

• ckinfidel
    156 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:43 AM

Yankee, that's the Hungarian site? I remember it , however people be careful  as that crashed my system.

RSS