Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Not sure if it's a bug.

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 27 2014 10:33 AM (6 replies)
  • davej92
    32 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:00 PM

Can anyone help. This problem has happened several times and I do not know what the problem is. I was putting on a green that was fast (9), no wind to affect and I was 2.1 ft from the hole, no break indicated, I set the putt at 3 ft and the stroke indicator said ' excellent' the ball stopped 2 " short of the hole. This has happened several and I do not know why. Any help ?  

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:46 PM

There will always be times, like in real, when the ball comes up short on putts and stops at the lip or near the lip. However, if you you feel that there may be a bug, please submit a bug report so our QA folks can review the shot. 

To submit a report: 

1. Right-click the screen while the game window is open. 

2. Select the option "Submit this problem to WGT" on the menu displayed.

3. Describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:56 PM

davej92:

Can anyone help. This problem has happened several times and I do not know what the problem is. I was putting on a green that was fast (9), no wind to affect and I was 2.1 ft from the hole, no break indicated, I set the putt at 3 ft and the stroke indicator said ' excellent' the ball stopped 2 " short of the hole. This has happened several and I do not know why. Any help ?  

there might have have been 0.9 uphill, look at the color behind the hole.

And add 2 for that putt , I would have hit it at 4.5 to make sure the roll in and take out any break 

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:58 PM

You might want to check if there's an upslope, even un-announced. Look at the grid colours.

It's always good to give those short putts a real whack of 2-3 feet (or more) stronger than what you think. This will chase them in!

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 2:20 PM

alosso:

You might want to check if there's an upslope, even un-announced. Look at the grid colours.

It's always good to give those short putts a real whack of 2-3 feet (or more) stronger than what you think. This will chase them in!

I agree, and from my experience (but with occasional exception!) the shorter putts need a little more 'inertia' to get the ball moving, and in this way the shorter putting is partly non-linear. IMHO

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 3:31 PM

This is the best putting help WGT has given. It's a MUST to use. Lots of times even when showing no uphill, it IS going uphill, so you need to hit a little harder. Use these arrows.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 10:33 AM

I sometimes come up short on short putts because I don't realize I don't have the appropriate putter scale chosen. So what I intended to be 3 feet worth of putt strength winds up being 1/2 that, a 1.5 foot putt.

RSS