Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Uneven Lies Ryder Cup @ Olympic: Jan2015: Qualification Thread

Thu, Jan 8 2015 8:33 AM (28 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:23 AM

This thread is to follow-up on information already posted, and notice given, in the Fall 2014 UEL Tour thread, concerning an upcoming community event, the 3rd Uneven Lies Ryder Cup, which will be held at Olympic in mid-late January.

Just like the recent UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst (held in Sep/Oct and won by the USA team), this next event will be based on qualification, and the qualifying method will be the Fall 2014 UEL Tour.

The Fall 2014 UEL Tour thread is here, and results will be taken from those 12 weeks' worth of the free weekly UEL singles tourneys hosted by WGT, going through the rest of the year to wk52.

Players who are interested in playing in this UEL Ryder Cup event can please indicate their availability in this thread, and their willingness to try and qualify, or be considered for captain's picks, for the 12 places available on each team.

As with the prior event it's all based on participation in the 12 weekly UEL singles events. My apologies if you're only reading this now, and haven't been playing all the events so far. I've been too busy to get this forum post up till now, but I did give ample notice in the other thread. Anyone who missed the early weeks can still impress the captains and aim for a captain's pick with strong showings in the remaining tourneys, or even qualify outright with a win or two!

Final selections for the Ryder Cup teams will be made from standings relating to a player's best 9 scores, so you can afford to miss a few weeks, or have some bad rounds, and still qualify.

The exact balance for team selection is described in the following post.

If you're wondering how the event will work, and the formats, please see the thread for the last edition. And do note these will be multiplayer games and we will use the 60-second clock this time around. We will have a Time Availability Chart in use that pairs players up that have overlapping schedules, so it should still all work, given players' best intentions.

Thanks, Corwyn

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:23 AM

Team Selection:

Teams will be comprised of the following players:

• Top player for each Team from each tier's credit standings (TL & L)

• Next 4 for each Team from Combined Best 9 Scores Credit Standings

• Next 4 for the ROW Team from Combined Best 9 Scores Relative to Par Standings

& • Next 3 for the USA Team  from Combined Best 9 Scores Relative to Par Standings *

+ 2 Captain's Picks for the ROW team, and 3 Captain's Picks for the USA Team.

* Why does the USA Team get an extra Captain's Pick, you may well ask?

Well, this is why: I am making an executive decision that if available, the extra USA Captain's pick will go to WGTIcon (who will play, as last time, as Iconian). Icon is not allowed to participate in WGT tournaments (on account of being an employee, and thus unable to qualify via the Tour), but has been a true advocate and expert exponent of Uneven Lies, and a great supporter of these events. I feel it is the right thing to do for the community to enable and embrace Icon's participation, and an honor for us to get to play alongside or against such a great player.

Alternates:

We will certainly need alternates. The commitments I've been asking for are necessarily non-binding. We are talking about an event that is a couple of months away, and people's lives change.

Alternates will be selected, first and foremost, from the Fall UEL Tour standings as follows: 1st alternate is next player for each team from the Combined Best 9 Credits list, then 2nd alternate for each team is the next player from Combined Best 9 Relative to Par list, and so on, switching back and forth down the list.

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:

Please note: this is a tricky spreadsheet to comprehend. I've been wrestling with ways in which to present the material (and yet make it a dynamic spreadsheet that will update as the remaining week's results come in)... so I acknowledge it's not perfect, but I'm hoping you can make sense of it!

It pulls data from the Tiered Credits Standings, and the two Best9Scores Credits and Relative to Par Standings (in that order), and cross-references them against the list of players who have indicated their intent to try and qualify (and for which team).

PLEASE NOTE: this list may not be fully complete: at this point I don't know who else might put themselves forward (and there are some assumptions involved, e.g. that former RC players would wish to qualify again).

Here are the Team Qualification Sheets: Team USA  | Team ROW

Obviously, the players who currently show as winning particular team selection slots may change, as results come in, and if new players decide they want to try to qualify.

Finally, I've indicated names in yellow for those that qualify from that particular table, and in blue the players that have already qualified by virtue of their standing in a preceding table above. Hopefully, that helps :)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:24 AM

<reserved>

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 5:40 AM

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 46 tourney

see post above for explanation of how these spreadsheets work

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk46 results at Cabo in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'm fairly sure I captured every player that declared an interest in qualification (via the Fall Tour thread, or via PMs to myself) but please make sure.

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets, or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

Team USA: qualification standings after wk46 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk46 tourney

My plan is to update these once weekly, after the credits have been allocated for the prior tourney.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 12:57 AM

I'm in, however my crap play still continues

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:57 PM

Count me in.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Thu, Nov 27 2014 6:52 AM

Thanks for the updates Devon and mm. Plenty of time left Devon: you're too good a player to miss out!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 47 tourney at Merion

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk47 results at Merion in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: you just need to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney.

Click on images below to go straight to respective spreadsheets, or right-click images below to open in new tab, and zoom in to see full size ....

Team USA: qualification standings after wk47 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk47 tourney

Please note: I'm on a trip for the holiday, and unlikely to get online at all till after the weekend. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2014 9:58 AM

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 48 tourney at Congressional

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk48 results at Congo in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: you just need to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney.

Team USA: qualification standings after wk48 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk48 tourney

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Sat, Dec 6 2014 10:33 AM

I'm probably too late Corwyn but I'm gonna try and get back into UEL.

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Dec 10 2014 7:56 PM

Hi Neil, it probably is too late to qualify, but great to see you back! And some good showings in the last few weeks of the Tour may well impress the ROW team captain enough to warrant an alternate place.

---------------------------

UEL Ryder Cup @ Olympic :: Team Standings:  after week 49 tourney at Best of Hardest

Below are updated sheets for each Team's qualification status following wk49 results at Best of Hardest in the UEL Fall Tour. Please check that everything is correct: I'll keep updating the Player List with anyone who adds their name to the thread as intending to try and qualify. Note: you just need to play the weekly UEL single-play tourney.

Team USA: qualification standings after wk49 tourney

Team ROW: qualification standings after wk49 tourney

RSS