Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Putter Pal

Wed, Dec 7 2022 9:17 AM (22 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 12:40 PM
    I don't use it, but I agree with Tracy and Dave. Indicating both the 25% and 10% increments is confusing. Using just the 10% marks would be perfectly adequate, as it isn't difficult to gauge halfway between the divisions to get to 25% & 75%. People have complained about the odd spacing before now and I feel they are justified in doing so.  : )

CONCEPT PUTTER PAL
  • jiggsie
    478 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 2:46 PM

Is this above scale something that is available or is it just a concept to show what you would like to see. If it's available how and where do you get, I sure would like to have it

Thank you

Jiggs

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 3:07 PM

It's the "Putter Pal" (1) available for free due to your CC membership - just enable it in the game options!

(1) minus 25% and 75 % lines which - hopefully - don't disturb you as much as previous posters.

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 3:26 PM

jiggsie:
    Is this above scale something that is available or is it just a concept to show what you would like to see
    Sorry Jiggs, I didn't intend to confuse anyone. I just wanted to show what it would look like without the 25% increments there. It's not available anywhere.

I've edited the picture to avoid further confusion.  : )

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 7:46 PM

borntobesting:

DaveStrock:

TracyMax ,,I totally agree,,,the spacing on putter pal as it is now makes no since at all,,tried it for awhile and went back to my tape on version instead,,much more accurate with even spacing.....

How does it not make sense? There are marks at every 10% and extra marks at 25% 50% and 75%. Making it very easy to get the correct distance on your putts if you know how hard to hit the ball for the green speed you are playing. A putt that needs to be hit with 10 foot power would be 10% on the 100 foot scale which is the first mark on putter pal for any scale chosen. And with a taped on version even a slight change in monitor resolution everything is way off. Not so with putter pal. It changes with a resolution change. 

they simply need to mark all the increments with the corresponding value, several have no value under them so your left to "guess" just where to hit if you're in between.  I gave up on it.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Sat, Oct 3 2015 9:45 PM

TracyMax:

several have no value under them so your left to "guess" 

tears

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 4:28 AM

borntobesting:
    And with a taped on version even a slight change in monitor resolution everything is way off. Not so with putter pal. It changes with a resolution change. 
    This is exactly the reason why I now use PP & SP. The transition from my 6 year old, homemade tape job to these was a little harsh but all is well now. I love them both.  ~SP~

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Oct 4 2015 7:58 PM

razza31:

TracyMax:

tears

stunning reply, you must be sitting on your smart end.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 10:57 AM

TracyMax:

razza31:

TracyMax:

tears

stunning reply, you must be sitting on your smart end.

they simply need to show the percentage as you are pulling the power with the corresponding value, upto 6 places in decimals,  so your not left to "guess" just where to hit. Else I'm going to give up on it.

• StrayedFairway
    379 Posts
    Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:48 PM

RSS