Forums

Help › Forums

Re: NOT free or NOT fair, make up your mind

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:53 PM (4 replies)
  • slicemaker
    3 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 2:11 AM

You emphasize FREE participation, however, The best players are those willing to PAY to get clubs that can even reach the greens in reg. Very annoying - I refuse to pay 1 damn cent. If it was fair, you would not have to pay money to get clubs that give you the edge. Profiteering scam.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 9:22 AM

Yup, it's free.  You open your browser and you play.  You're never unwillingly charged a cent.

Competing isn't free.  In real golf we take lessons, we buy new clubs. All of which cost money.  Money paid to improve your scores at the real game.  Huh...

You either make the choice to play & enjoy the free (& unfinished) beta game for what it is right now OR you can choose to compete for cash & prizes.  You can't have your cake and eat it too.

If anyone's scamming anyone, I'm scamming WGT.  I've paid a measly few dollars and have walked away with over $650 in prizes & credits in just over a year's time. 

So yeah, if it's a scam, it's a really really bad one and WGT sucks at it.

1,644 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 4:50 PM

Every green in regulation?  Not on Bethpage, take it from me, not possible (#7, #10, #12)... and then there are a few where the odds are like highly against hitting it in regulation (#2, #5, #9, #15, #16, #18).   Oh, and I'm in on that scam too... spent a grand total of $12 here.  EVER.  See my winnings for comparison.

• drivnchaos
    286 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 5:45 PM

Ive paid for all the best clubs......Still not makin the cut. Don't blame the game. I don't

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2009 1:53 PM

Once again I will make the offer, but since the open is over I will have to make one minor change.....

I will purchase a full set of the best clubs available, it will cost me about $20.  If within 2 weeks of receiving said clubs you do not win a tourney,  you pay me $100

If it is solely the clubs surely you will want to take me up on the offer. 

***Multiple account holders need not apply***

RSS