Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Is a high number for meter speed slow or fast?

Mon, Feb 5 2024 11:55 PM (47 replies)
  • TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Sun, Jan 4 2015 5:46 PM

fmagnets:

Best ignore Icon's inability to answer a simple question in this case ;-) 

WGT confusingly describes the club and ball specs as meter speed, so it is logical to think of a higher number being a higher speed. This is not the case though. Think of the spec as meter slowness, so the higher numbers give you more slowness.

Icon's answer is pretty typical for WGT's-----vague and confusing while avoiding the question. :-)

• PickettPocket
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2017 2:47 PM

Except how does WGT sell user friendly equipment if "upgraded" equipment is more difficult to use?

• pmm711
    5,515 Posts
    Thu, Feb 23 2017 11:11 PM

PickettPocket:

Except how does WGT sell user friendly equipment if "upgraded" equipment is more difficult to use?

PP, I noticed you're relatively new to the forum, but not to the game since you've been around since 2014.  You upgraded your equipment so you must know the game got easier for you....not harder.  You've rekindled a lot of old posts.  Makes me think you've been here before...especially based on the comments you've made...sort of whacked for someone who has been around 3 years. 

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Feb 24 2017 7:54 AM

TracyMax:

fmagnets:

Best ignore Icon's inability to answer a simple question in this case ;-) 

WGT confusingly describes the club and ball specs as meter speed, so it is logical to think of a higher number being a higher speed. This is not the case though. Think of the spec as meter slowness, so the higher numbers give you more slowness.

Icon's answer is pretty typical for WGT's-----vague and confusing while avoiding the question. :-)

He's saying that two different iron sets both rated at 4 dot speed will not necessarily have the same speed as each other and similar for same rated balls from different manufacturers.

At least, that's how I read him. I could be completely wrong but I do know that among the cartoon character ballet dancing community being vague is in vogue.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 10:49 AM

Not sure but I think I heard that WGT is coming out with some new club sets and they will be "really, really nice. You'll love them."  They were vague about when the engineers would get them manufactured, what the specs would be and how much they would cost but they knew we would love them. And I am not able to provide the name of my source since he is not authorized to say anything but he is a high ranking official in the WGT corporate headquarters. Or was it leaked from the NSA who have been listening to WGT phone calls. Anyway, you can take it to the bank, just don't try to cash it.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Sat, Feb 25 2017 12:07 PM

HackWilson1930:
    I am not able to provide the name of my source since he is not authorized to say anything but he is high

Is this him!?

• lightbridge
    461 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2017 5:11 AM

I am new to the forums though I joined in 2010, I quit without playing much, and just took this up again in April this year, that said, I dont know if anyone has mentioned previously that meter speed relates to the difficulty of the shot?  ez shot= slow meter and visa versa.  I play the best balls and clubs available to me at my level, and they make a lot difference!.

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2017 10:46 AM

lightbridge:

I am new to the forums though I joined in 2010, I quit without playing much, and just took this up again in April this year, that said, I dont know if anyone has mentioned previously that meter speed relates to the difficulty of the shot?  ez shot= slow meter and visa versa.  I play the best balls and clubs available to me at my level, and they make a lot difference!.

Meter speed for the shot is controlled by a combination of the club meter speed and the ball meter speed.  If you use the SEARCH box to the right you can probably find a thread as to how they combine, and which has more influence, if any.  I recall seeing something before but I don't remember the specifics.

You can also use SEARCH to find threads on equipment and ball purchases, especially as they relate to value and performance.  The slow meter balls you are using are very expensive for the performance you get, as slower meter speed is more costly than anything else.

Welcome back and enjoy the game,

phred952

• lightbridge
    461 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2017 4:37 AM

Thanks, Phred

• TripleBe
    12 Posts
    Mon, Dec 4 2017 9:55 PM

If the putter number is hi the swing meter is slower? 

RSS