Forums

Help › Forums

Re: backspin

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:17 AM (3 replies)
  • salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 5:43 PM

we need wedge improvements to give us some serious spin like the pro's. THIS IS #1 PRIORITY. Longer club distances are not needed, shorter putts from backspin wil improve the putting and bring scores down. As we have heard before,  practice,practice, and more practice is the only way too improve your game newbies.

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 6:06 PM

Like Latrell Sprewel said a few years back!! PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE! Who needs practice. Fix the putting and I'm happy. hell, I'm happy anyway! I just want to get on here and B*%@* all day, if I wanted it to be easy, I'd get TW game.

• bbeards4
    189 Posts
    Sat, Jun 20 2009 6:33 PM

Agreed %100.  If we dont get the distance... then we need the spin.  Also...  I noticed that even in the wet conditions at the open this year the drives from the pros are WAY farther than where we are able to hit.  So if we have to hit it from the "tips" we should get more distance... or moves us up a tee box.  And as far as "PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE"...  spin requires little to no practice at all.... just move the little blue dot down and hit it (near) perfect.

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Jun 21 2009 1:17 AM

lol i meant practice your whole game. Distance comes with timing and accuracy  which dosn"t happen overnight.

RSS