Thu, Feb 9 2023 6:11 PM (56 replies)
  • TopShelf2010
    10,876 Posts
    Thu, Jan 30 2020 5:46 PM

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2020 1:13 AM

mikeragan6060:
    PC play is more meaningful to avg and attaining new levels than is the mobile app. True, false, or equivicol?
    It depends on the games that you play.

Average is mainly calculated by scores in ranked strokeplay, possible on all platforms. Secondarily, winning matches or credits may count in.

Tier (not level) promotions are mainly initiated by average and "saturation" (no. of rounds !in one tier!). Alas, those who play mainly "mobile" games, e.g. H2H and coin rooms, may tier up by XP and level (e.g., anybody above Hack with a 150 avg.)

mikeragan6060:
    Btw, I am TP, avg 67.88. Over 500 rated rounds. Until 2 months ago haven't played WGT in several years. Since playing again, almost daily, have only played mobile. Scoring avg since returning probably in low 80s....can throw up some really high scores occasionally. Wondering if spinning wheels on mobile and should only play PC.
    TP saturation is at 25 rounds IIRC - you're well beyond that. Thus, high scores won't have any effect.

You're playing a lot of CC tournaments, which may affect the average. The caveat: Par3 and Par5 courses as well as CC Custom courses do (corrected) NOT count in! (e.g. the recent "Gauntlet" tournament)

/methinks that only scores of 35 (=>70) and below might bring you towards Master. Good luck!

My two Pfennig on your current rentals:
    - the Ping 3WD won't bring you much further than the Taylormade that you own. No buy.
    - Common advice is to drop the hybrid for a third wedge - strong no buy!
    - the L7 Cleve wedges aren't good enough - no buy! Get some short(!) wedges from L28 up - the best ones are in your reach!

Plus, the L81 ball may be a waste, considering your clubs and game - have you ever tried less expensive ones (Srixon or L33 Callaway)?

• BOZskills
    387 Posts
    Sun, Feb 2 2020 8:03 AM

Ilah,best of par 5's and best of par 3's don't count toward your avg. As an aside to the op i think its important to know if he's a mobile player. If he's seeing alot of masters with 70+ avgs this would seem like the more likely explanation.jmo.

• SaatvikMickelson
    2 Posts
    Wed, May 6 2020 9:20 PM

Hey! The scoring averages are not affected by rounds played on par 3, 4 and 5 courses or special courses.. that is probably why your average remained unchanged. 

• borntobesting
    9,601 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 11:52 AM

SaatvikMickelson:

Hey! The scoring averages are not affected by rounds played on par 3, 4 and 5 courses or special courses.. that is probably why your average remained unchanged. 

Your scoring average is affected by rounds played on the best of par 4 course. Just not the par 3 or par 5 courses. 

• jacktrade51
    10,817 Posts
    Thu, May 7 2020 10:15 PM

alosso:
    You're playing a lot of CC tournaments, which may affect the average. The caveat: Par3 and Par5 courses as well as CC Custom courses do count in!

Alosso, you know better.

Par 3 courses and cc custom courses do not count towards WGT average.  I am not % sure although I don't think BOP5 counts either; in any event, it doesn't matter when saturation kicks in.

Tom.

• CaptRon48
    178 Posts
    Sun, Nov 1 2020 1:12 PM

I found this thread while trying to figure out how I became Master at level 70/71. Its clear as mud. Avg below 70-nope not me. 25 ranked rounds (at tour pro) Nope not me. Coin games might contribute? Yeah that's me . I mostly do that. So must have big effect.

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Mon, Nov 2 2020 1:32 PM

jacktrade51:
    Alosso, you know better.

Par 3 courses and cc custom courses do not count towards WGT average.

Good eye on my miss - They do NOT count in, neither do the Par5s.

• AugustWest82772
    45 Posts
    Tue, Mar 9 2021 12:17 PM

"Tier (not level) promotions are mainly initiated by average and "saturation" (no. of rounds !in one tier!). Alas, those who play mainly "mobile" games, e.g. H2H and coin rooms, may tier up by XP and level (e.g., anybody above Hack with a 150 avg."

Are you saying that playing on a Desk Top in coin rooms (and Showdowns) can make you tier up from XP points?

I had thought the only way to tier up was the scoring average?

Thanks for any help...

• alosso
    21,027 Posts
    Wed, Mar 10 2021 4:12 AM

AugustWest82772:
    "Tier (not level) promotions are mainly initiated by average and "saturation" (no. of rounds !in one tier!). Alas, those who play mainly "mobile" games, e.g. H2H and coin rooms, may tier up by XP and level (e.g., anybody above Hack with a 150 avg."

Are you saying that playing on a Desk Top in coin rooms (and Showdowns) can make you tier up from XP points?

I'm not saying that. My experience with the PC app is very limited, but I suppose that those predominantly playing "mobile" games may fit into that.

AugustWest82772:
    I had thought the only way to tier up was the scoring average?
    There have been exemptions for 7+ years now, and my former information shows what I know.

RSS