Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I few questions from a newbie -

Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:01 PM (37 replies)
  • WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 11:33 AM

alosso:

Thanks for your reply, though I'm sad to see that you answered none of my direct questions:

alosso:
    [...] you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits? But wait, the leaderboards show the prizes as $ - are these winners entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT? How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $?

WGTicon:
    leaderboards and prize winnings, such as trip to us open are in $

Trips etc. are a rare exception, e.g. only one VUSO per year. In these cases, the $ value of the prize may be legally added to the $ earnings.

But, each weekly and monthly tournament (about 52x6 + 12x6?) or Virtual Tour tournament shows winnings in $, though the purse is only credits. Said Transamerica Championship shows a purse of 400,000 cr, and the payout method describes how to split these credits between the winners. It's safe to say that the TLs' first prize calculates to 25,200 cr. Nevertheless, the TL winner allegedly takes 252 $.

How would the transition of credits to $ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value? (I assume that $ means greenbacks, real US currency(?))

hi

it's same as others... for example bolloxinbruges has over $40k in total winnings but did he get that actually? no - much of it was from trips values, ready go', high prized tournaments.... those winnings are retail value - his actual net winnings is that value - his fees, for balls, clubs, tournament entrees, etc

i hope I answered your question. if I didn't please email us at members@worldgolftour.com and perhaps they can explain it further. you could also rephrase the question with more detail

-wgticon

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Nov 24 2014 2:41 PM

alcaucin:

if you read fully you will find I said you used to be a helpful member

Fact is, I still AM a helpful member. Not as much as before, but if you don't see it, your vision may be one-sighted.

(no offence taken my friend)

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:14 AM

WGTicon:
    i hope I answered your question.

I'm afraid not.

These Qs weren't answered:

1) you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits?

2) are these winners (Poldi) entitled to draw 252 $ (in TL tier) from WGT?

3) How does a purse of 400,000 cr translate to an individual prize in $?

Take my "20.39 $" earnings which are added only from credits within the game and answer this:

4) How would the transition of credits to $ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value?

WGTicon:
    for example bolloxinbruges has over $40k in total winnings [...] - much of it was from trips values, ready go', high prized tournaments.... those winnings are retail value [...]

...but not in $. RG and tournament wins are just credits. Tournaments have a purse in cr, and the RG page states

[...] the best 30 scores winning WGT credits.

WGT lawyers will have a keen eye to avoid any $ earnings in individual accounts. Nevertheless, you say, and the WGT earnings list says, credit winnings have a value in real money. I consider these wrong, misleading statements, because your T&Cs say the opposite, "no monetary value".

Legislation has an unfriendly word for such display, but it's obvious that you must not admit don't see it.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:38 PM

alosso:

WGTicon:
    i hope I answered your question.

I'm afraid not.

1) you state that big amounts of $ are added to the same balance, the earnings. How is that possible, since the tournament purses are described in credits?

Take my "20.39 $" earnings which are added only from credits within the game and answer this:

4) How would the transition of credits to $ at a rate of 100:1 work out in a legal way, given that credits have no monetary value?

WGTicon:
    for example bolloxinbruges has over $40k in total winnings [...] - much of it was from trips values, ready go', high prized tournaments.... those winnings are retail value [...]

...but not in $. RG and tournament wins are just credits. Tournaments have a purse in cr, and the RG page states

[...] the best 30 scores winning WGT credits.

WGT lawyers will have a keen eye to avoid any $ earnings in individual accounts. Nevertheless, you say, and the WGT earnings list says, credit winnings have a value in real money. I consider these wrong, misleading statements, because your T&Cs say the opposite, "no monetary value".

Legislation has an unfriendly word for such display, but it's obvious that you must not admit don't see it.

hi

all very good questions to which I do not know the answer, so feel free to email us at members@worldgolftour.com so we can try to better assist you.

-wgticon

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 12:58 PM

WGTicon:
    all very good questions to which I do not know the answer, so feel free to email us at members@worldgolftour.com

FFS  ^^ do that m8,

Will put me out of my misery at least  :)

Andy ( never offended, tho occasionally offensive  )

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Tue, Nov 25 2014 10:46 PM

WGTicon:

alosso:

all very good questions to which I do not know the answer,

You see me disappointed by this official display. edit: Look at my white Rabbit :(

WGT, in your person, made statements in this thread about "winning $$ in the game" and hides behind ignorance of the subject when confronted with straight Qs.

Me thinks that you owe me an answer. Just take my Qs to the right desk and don't forget to come back.

The better part of winnings in this game is credits "of no monetary value", nevertheless they are presented as multi-thousand $ earnings on the front page. Isn't this wrong avertizing?
    From this fishy display, one might think that the T&Cs are not more than a tool to suppress any players' demands but are of no relevance for the company's demeanour towards the public and their customers.

Pfui!

• ithurtswnipee
    891 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 4:33 PM

I see you working very hard at trying to get some real answers from these BOZO"S.

If I may use some of your words to help put things in perspective as you have chosen well. The following words are comparative to WGT. 

alosso:
    fishy display

alosso:
    to suppress

alosso:
    demands

alosso:
    the T&Cs

alosso:
    demeanour towards the public

alosso:
    the company's

alosso:
    a tool

I hope I have given your words purpose to the players if not the,,,, Staff!

Pee

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Wed, Nov 26 2014 8:01 PM

You're working hard, too!

Still I hope that my words served a purpose in the context of my post :o)

RSS