Forums

Help › Forums

Is this a good idea to stop cheating??

Sun, Nov 16 2014 9:36 AM (58 replies)
  • LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 8:54 AM

Sadly cheating is taking over the game and personally, it drives me crazy :(

Here is my proposal......a 3 CLICK SWING

(Apologies WGT if I am using the old "The Links" swing graphic).

A 3 click swing where the first click starts the meter swing up, second click stops the meter at desired power and sends back the meter down, third click stops the meter and launches the hit.

I suppose the most of us know this type of 3 click swing, so nothing new here.

WGT has a 3 click meter but you only need to be ready click in the last click, same as we do not with the regular WGT bar meter.

What is good about this meter is:

• stops cheaters...until a nerd creates a new cheat to fully control the 3 clicks or whatever necessary to do it. However it will make things very complicated for them due to the several parameters in the swing.
    • increases the difficulty to get the perfect shot 
    • WGT still can sell its "slow meter" stuff, like balls, equipment properties, etc 
    • makes the game more intuition / estimating / feeling / realistic in relation to real golf
    • makes the game less mathematical
    • it makes scores go higher (not necessarily lol, top players will be top players anyways)

I am certainly missing some swing attributes but hope other players can come with more.

What about no avatar swing when moving the meter up to hit and only seeing the avatar swing after releasing the meter to hit?

This a golf game, a great & unique golf game but not that fun for any longer with so much cheating stuff.

You can't beat them?...join them!, I don't hope I will ever do.

Eric

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:10 AM

There already is a 3 click meter in this game. Are you saying make that the default one? That would sure play hell with the avatar move putting style since there are no moves.  :-)

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:13 AM

would only be a matter of time before some cheat was designed for that too ....

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:29 AM

No, it won't stop anything...they will just read and change the code on it too..

something has changed behind the scenes though....I used to run Ccleaner every day and it removed from 40+ MB if I cleared my cache before I quit, to 200+ MB if I didn't...now when I run the program it shows 1-2 MB to be removed regardless of what I did...

I have changed nothing on my end either....

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:40 AM

I am not going to mention the cheats names....

ALL cheats area based on calculating mathematically the shot & some the ding.

As with this 3 click meter, those programs will not work, because the programs will have calculate more factors than just distance & altitude.....they will need to adjust the power, distance, altitude and last to hit the ding automatically.

The most annoying of all is the one that dings all the time with no need to add any data, it wouldn't work with this 3 click meter neither.

& the avatar thing, well certainly many many players will think  is it a really bad idea....lol, right Jim?

Eric

• LOLserver
    3,522 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:51 AM

This is like playing UEL on flat lies. 

Cheaters do not enter UEL tournaments because the programs can NOT calculate THE LIE  even tho they can enter the distance & altitude data.

UNEVEN LIE can not be mathematically calculated. Estimating the uneven lie is totally human...just like estimating the wind direction.

Eric

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 9:58 AM

I guess your saying the programs like Kats is cheating then...I disagree respectfully and I think you way off on what really makes you play better...

as everyone has witnessed the cheat slows down the meter for more exact hits, it doesn't hit it for you..evidently a lot of ppl. have it...

but if you could change something I would chose the wind, not the meter...that eliminates the WTF shots and might explain some -27's on best of par 5's with strong headwinds ya think, and it is just a different line of code on the same software.

Regardless, if a hacker can hack a credit card company I'm sure this game is a piece of cake...

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:19 AM

LOLserver:

This is like playing UEL on flat lies. 

Cheaters do not enter UEL tournaments because the programs can NOT calculate THE LIE  even tho they can enter the distance & altitude data.

UNEVEN LIE can not be mathematically calculated. Estimating the uneven lie is totally human...just like estimating the wind direction.

Eric

I think many of us don't play UEL, because we don't like it...plain and simple.

Screw the 3 click meter thing, I don't like it either.

And so what if someone has a Cray computer for a brain, or punches numbers into a spread sheat?  That's not cheating.

Heck, WGT provides shot pal and putter pal that just screams "calculate this".

I guess I'm a cheat then in your mind, I use Av movements on my putter and wedges, and whip out the Windows calculator on long putts on Champ greens.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:37 AM

MBaggese:

I guess I'm a cheat then in your mind, I use Av movements on my putter and wedges, and whip out the Windows calculator on long putts on Champ greens.

AAAHA!!! Do you feel better now that you have lifted that burden of guilt and shared that with us ? LOL

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 10:53 AM

fatdan:
    as everyone has witnessed the cheat slows down the meter for more exact hits, it doesn't hit it for you..evidently a lot of ppl. have it...

Who has It?  Who's witnessed?  what have i missed since being away?

RSS