Help › Forums

Re: Lower-grade Equipment at Legend Tier

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:58 AM (29 replies)
  • micheldess
    819 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 6:25 PM

SoKoSteve:

There's one major amelioration available and almost free of doubts: IMHO, the long Ping wedge of level 41 should be replaced by the top Cleveland or ATV (@324,000 XPs). These are designed "to throw darts" - a real class act! - and there's only one costly alternative (MAX).

Yeah, I'll buy the Cleves (56, 60, and 64) and that will be that as far as wedges go.

That should help.

Thanks for the advice.

S. 

Good choice, the cleveland wedge are top wedges and not too expensive.

With your srixon ball ok, but If you use one day nike balls  dont make   backspin or just a little  they make already enough by themself (the 60 and 64) or stop the ball immediatly (the 56).

Wait for the nike irons level 85, way better than the G25. 

The putter is more a  feeling story and depends also if you are ding putter or off ding putter.

Enjoy

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 8:26 PM

I was using the cheap Callies and the backspin was insane!

Great wedges, though.

Will probably get the Nikes in the future, although I have really liked the PINGs.  For now, I'll just practice hitting it straight and picking my spots.  Short and smart.

S.

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:05 AM

SoKoSteve:
    I was using the cheap Callies and the backspin was insane!

Great wedges, though.

+1

These wedges play with topspin only ;)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 12:40 AM

Just in case we are confusing him:

These wedges play fine with no added BS spin or you select top spin as the option.  This applies when anywhere near 100% powe playing full shots / punches. .

Lots of genuine fun to come finding out just how good these babies are.  

Try the CG 64 80% BS at 66% power full shot - try it and use that result.  The CG64 Punched full BS will give you darts at 22 yards or less.  Map them thoroughly and soon you will have every yard dialed in from 4 thru 107 (easy)  if you want to with your choices of shot.  Personally the flop shot became near redundant except from sand, as the punch / pitch  is so very accurate.

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 1:03 AM

Jimbog1964:

Just in case we are confusing him:

These wedges play fine with no added BS spin or you select top spin as the option.  This applies when anywhere near 100% powe playing full shots / punches. .

Lots of genuine fun to come finding out just how good these babies are.  

Try the CG 64 80% BS at 66% power full shot - try it and use that result.  The CG64 Punched full BS will give you darts at 22 yards or less.  Map them thoroughly and soon you will have every yard dialed in from 4 thru 107 (easy)  if you want to with your choices of shot.  Personally the flop shot became near redundant except from sand, as the punch / pitch  is so very accurate.

I have hit so few flop shots it's not funny.  It used to be my go-to on the game console, but here I couldn't get any height.  Just stopped completely.  I have never tried from the sand, so maybe I'm missing that in the repertoire.

My old wedges were not easy to stop on the punch.  I'm looking forward to having some practice rounds and just playing around with these bad boys.  Your info will help considerably.  Thanks, man.

S.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:14 AM

Jimbog1964:
     The CG64 Punched full BS will give you darts at 22 yards or less.

Actually 50 yards or less.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:34 AM

YankeeJim:
    Actually 50 yards or less.

Yeah OK, LOL

I was trying just to demo how far it went down.  50 yards I kind of took as a gimme being the first number you see when click punch, but a good point of order.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH FBS at 50 yards = v careful as that can be spin back huge time, and so not darts.  Again all to play with with a given ball, and learn.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:48 AM

Jimbog1964:
    EDIT: ALTHOUGH FBS at 50 yards = v careful as that can be spin back huge time, and so not darts

Never from fairway, it's always a hop and stop with the 33 Callaway. Oddly enough, fbs from rough does get that backup.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 5:56 AM

Well that's why I say stick with one ball, and learn that way.  My Nike balls are 50 yard darts no BS at all (well a v little some places best but basically that's it), and same darts choked down and FBS.

EDIT: Also first one to agree more than one way to skin a cat. I go with what I know works, but v much up to each to do their own mapping after the basics, and decide how they want to play it.

Ages ago I read that even the full 60 yard shot does not spin back FBS (for some reason when it used to before), but I never experimented as stops fine neutral / slight top if think needs it some places anyway..

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 27 2014 6:58 AM

Jimbog1964:
    Well that's why I say stick with one ball, and learn that way.

Totally agree. This is the  biggest mistake I see with a lot of players- they're constantly looking for different combos when if they just stood with one setup they'd have an easier time of it.

RSS