Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Cpl Nathan Cirillo

Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:58 AM (27 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 12:53 PM

garylewisgr:

What gets me riled so much is the fact he could get so far into the Parliment building !!

A lack of security for sure !!

Have you actually ever been there? It's not a fortress or anything, in fact you have always pretty much been able to walk right in and walk around. It gets treated more as a tourist attraction, or rather has. 

Don't think that'll be happening much anymore.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:21 PM

dedBuNNy:

garylewisgr:

What gets me riled so much is the fact he could get so far into the Parliment building !!

A lack of security for sure !!

Have you actually ever been there? It's not a fortress or anything, in fact you have always pretty much been able to walk right in and walk around. It gets treated more as a tourist attraction, or rather has. 

Don't think that'll be happening much anymore.

Yes I have been there but that was back in 1966. And yes it is a tourist attraction .

Those days are over !  9-11 saw to that !

You can still have the public go there but for heavens sake have it set up so a gunman can't run willy nilly all over the place !!

The leaders of Canada have never taken terrorism serious enough no matter what political stripe.

Maybe now after huddling behind barricaded doors they will finally see the light !

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 1:24 PM

Sorry I didn't mean to quote my own words .

CANADA STRONG !

• SoKoSteve
    128 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 4:23 PM

Part of the appeal of the House of Commons was the relative ease with which one could stroll around.  The atmosphere was not heavy.

I'm afraid things will change now.

• bypass07
    1,360 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 7:04 PM

Let us remember the man !!

A genuine hero !!

Cpl Nathan Cirillo 

• 27stitches
    161 Posts
    Sun, Oct 26 2014 7:35 PM

I have over 25 years in the Canadian military and I stood on a bridge with my flag and family  to watch another hero go home. Thank you for your service brother rest in peace !! 

• JerryK74
    268 Posts
    Wed, Nov 5 2014 3:20 PM

R.I.P Brother, see ya in the Re-Org!!!

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Tue, Nov 11 2014 8:58 AM

I somehow missed this untl just now - At a loss for words.
    Cant read right now nor type anything worthy of this loss. This is the stuff that just makes you sad and mad and  ----  Will FinishThis Later.

Respectfully, Yancy

RSS