just add 9 to distance

play full shot

cheers

yorky

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 9:38 AM

ScottHope:

Sorry guys, I didn't realise Gary had copied Puttlucks post.

And Gary should credit Puttlucks on that web page. 

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 9:41 AM

I think so too.  : )

• garypinhunter
    1,049 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:13 AM

May bad for sure. It was not intentional. That was one of my first pages, correcting it now.

Gary

PS Is corrected now.  Any time you all see someone I should credit please let me know.  When I first started the site it was encouraged by others, I was still new, to give credit.  I went back and tried to make sure it was done.  I had missed one again I sincerely apologize

• ScottHope
    10,082 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 10:36 AM

No worries Gary, credit to you too for putting together such an informative site.  : )

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Thu, Oct 23 2014 12:13 AM

SamanthaWho:

You might want to check this out.

Gary's Golf Tips

This link didn't work at my end, just came up with a blank screen.

Thx for all the replies. Cleared up quite a few things.

-Roger

• SabuScott
    29 Posts
    Fri, Oct 24 2014 12:29 AM

I'm one of those people who totally love bunker/sand shots, and have found they're not all that hard to master in general. If I had anything to say to anyone playing this game either in real life or WGT, it would be to first of all get rid of the notion that being in the sand is a bad thing. In fact, there are a lot of times where being in the sand is considerably preferable to being in the rough around the green, because you have more control in the sand, and will probably be way-closer to the hole.

A good start (at least what I've found) is that whenever you're in the sand or bunker, just use the club your caddy automatically gives you for that shot, check which direction the green is flowing (and aim in that direction), and put your shot speed roughly halfway between halfway and full on the meter, especially if you're like 40-50% buried. For shots where the hole is a really short distance away, bang your meter speed about halfway.

Like I said, this is what's worked in more situations than not for me, just using the plain 'ol standard Starter ball and wedges.

• PAGES
RSS