Help › Forums

Re: Tried Recording

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 22 2014 5:55 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:53 PM

Also, for anyone else that wants to record their play, the OBS thing that runs the twitch streams has a screen recorder built into it, and cause zero stutter on Chrome, Max or Icedragon. It's the smoothest way to record I've found, yet.

With the OBS, you can stream and record, or just stream, or just record. Really simple, and no CPU or RAM hog at all. Shoe had a link somewhere to a pdf file with precise step-by-step instructions (very simple to follow, takes about 5 minutes and you're ready). I streamed and recorded at the same time, and the only problem I had was the spinning wheel loading took about 5-8 seconds after every shot. But, I have the slowest internet in the world, to0 (5mg download, .40 upload - yes, less than 1/2 mg upload). But, the meter was super smooth while recording and streaming at the same time. I play too fast, so I"ll just stick to using the recorder.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 1:00 PM

Maybe Shoe will see this and post the link to the twitch set up w/ OBS.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 1:51 PM

jayw4862:

Maybe Shoe will see this and post the link to the twitch set up w/ OBS.

Here it is.

http://media5.wgt.com/assets/community/corporate/wgt_twitch_streaming.pdf?0.66.5394.31934_1023

- WGTdbloshoe

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 4:54 PM

i tried to download that obs - it says its for win7 or win8 and im on xp - is there a downloadable obs for xp?

nevermind i found the answer  :

Will this ever work on Windows XP? What about Mac and Linux?

Windows XP unfortunately lacks DirectX 10 features and the audio subsystem present in Vista and up that OBS makes use of, and as such, will never be supported. OBS is currently being rewritten as multiplatform under the name OBS Studio. It will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux when it is done.

oh well

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:11 PM

Wontonamo:

i tried to download that obs - it says its for win7 or win8 and im on xp - is there a downloadable obs for xp?

nevermind i found the answer  :

Windows XP unfortunately lacks DirectX 10 features and the audio subsystem present in Vista and up that OBS makes use of, and as such, will never be supported. OBS is currently being rewritten as multiplatform under the name OBS Studio. It will be available for Windows, Mac and Linux when it is done.

oh well

My low end Dell 2G Vostro w/ Vista cannot work and initialize DirectX so I use XSplit BROADCASTER.

XSplit broadcaster , NOT XSplit Gamecaster..

This might be an option for you, I am not sure.

and that has a 'add screen region' feature that works so I can capture - and even crop very nicely - the game window (which I don't run in full screen, FYI)

Plus, I add 'scenes' of I can change shots and put up 'stills', promos, or add inserts of Yancy, live camera, text, chalkboard, text crawls, etc.

See my Twitch channel for examples

But I limit it because I need to get a more powerful computer.

A 2nd monitor make streaming much easier, and I recommend 2 monitors.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 5:13 PM

Wontonamo:
    is there a downloadable obs for xp?

Try the xsplit broadcast one.

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 6:04 PM

cool i might try that one thanks guys.

a friend told me i could download directx10 for xp - might try that also and see if i can get that obs thing going.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Oct 22 2014 5:55 AM

OK, I recorded a 9 hole round with Twitch. How do I pull up the recording? After I hit  stop preview , I clicked  record , when I was finished I hit stop recording. Now how do I pull up what I  did

• PAGES
RSS