Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Do putts now count against ball durability?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:32 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 6:43 AM

borntobesting:
    i was going by what Pizza said a couple of years ago.
    I'm not sure one should trust a talking pizza, hehe.  : )

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 4:30 PM

Received this reply from customer service:

Support (WGT)

Oct 20 12:47

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us at WGT. We apologize as WGTyphoon was mistaken. We've conveyed this to him for future reference. They do not count towards durability. We apologize for the confusion.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services 

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Mon, Oct 20 2014 4:34 PM

mkg335:

Received this reply from customer service:

Support (WGT)

Oct 20 12:47

Hello Mark,

Thank you for contacting us at WGT. We apologize as WGTyphoon was mistaken. We've conveyed this to him for future reference. They do not count towards durability. We apologize for the confusion.

Regards,
    WGT Member Services 

Damn noob lol

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 8:47 AM

Mulligans, including mulligan putts, reduce ball durability by -2 hits for each mulligan used.

Shots made from fringe are approach shots, even if you use your putter, and reduce ball durability. By the same token if you use your putter from fairway it counts as an approach shot and ball durability is reduced.

I suspect, but don't know for sure, that any shot made on the green, regardless the club used, counts as a putt and does not reduce ball durability.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 8:53 AM

Stop confusing the issue Apex, putts do not wear your ball out, irrespective of the lie, unless it is a mulligan putt.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:10 PM

ApexPC:
    I suspect, but don't know for sure, that any shot made on the green, regardless the club used, counts as a putt and does not reduce ball durability.

If I had a ball that was running out of life, I'd test this theory. Since I use the free ball I can not.

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Tue, Oct 21 2014 12:32 PM

One odd thing about using clubs other than a putter on the green is on the scorecard stats. To test this I played one hole without using my putter on the green. I chipped twice on the green to hole out and on one section of the scorecard it stated that I made 2 putts, and on another section it stated that I made 0 putts. Make of that what you will.

• PAGES
RSS