Forums

Help › Forums

Statement from ANCC owner

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 6 2014 12:57 PM (163 replies)
  • bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 12:26 PM

This will probably be the last long winded statement I make in the forums.  Obviously from my previous post (CC vs CC thread) I don’t care what anyone in the forum thinks.  That said I’ll admit I was a bit reactive and could have approached it differently.  This is neither a list of excuses nor is it a apology.  I just want to tell it how it is from my perspective.

The Clash event started and our club was in the top 2 with mostly people using free passes. Another WGT player which I knew previously joined my club on the 2nd day of the clash because he wanted to help us win and to get the golden putter, which is what a lot of people wanted. He got a group of club members together and used and gifted passes and quickly got us to first place the normal way (check the score history before the 59 rounds of BoP). Then he found a way to do BoP and get points faster and this was actually posted in the public forums as “a easy way to get clash points” but has since been deleted.

Isn’t this obviously cheating? Yes, in hindsight it is cheating but it’s very easy to fall into a trap especially when everything is focused on the ultimate prize.  Here is a statement from another CC owner that was posted in another forum thread:

“Two players in our CC found the loophole, and thought it was good to go, even posting a message on our Board, telling the rest of us what to do.

And I'll tell it like it happened, bug/dishonesty didn't come to mind. I tried to get what they got going, it was big points, and didn't understand the posted instruction.

OK, it was a bug.

Yes, a ridiculously expensive, multi-millionare ONLY putter was up for grabs, hence some of the heated/disappointed emotion being vented here....”

I know of more than a few other clubs that also used the loophole and it would be a good time for the owners of the clubs to own up to it here and come clean even if you didn’t get the golden putter.

I found out we won when the WGTadmin messaged right after the event asking who to give the putter to and I told him to give it to the member mentioned above because he bought/gifted the most passes and got the most points for us. I had to study, so I didn’t participate in the event let alone read any of the rules and regulations.  I knew about a “glitch/bug” we used from seeing it in our cc forums but didn’t think much of it. It wasn’t until later I realized this is cheating and talked to the player above about returning the putter which he said he “can return it because we could have won without the BoP and he wanted to help us win another putter the right way next time anyways”.  I emailed WGT about this and all the other problems with the CC clash and believe it or not the only response was “Hey Sean, We placed the putter in (his) inventory. Congrats on the win. WGT”.

It didn’t matter anyways because after the player mentioned above saw what was being written about him in the forums, he “had a hard time giving it back after all these *** said about it would hurt me to do that”. I told him he could keep the putter since that was his decision but he would have to leave the club.

In the end, there were no winners and I would like to apologize to everyone that participated especially to the Eagles Club for what happened (who in all honesty was the only club that had a real chance of winning the event). That’s all I have to say. If you have any questions or criticisms please message me privately first.

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 12:37 PM

bigseanbig:

..... Obviously from my previous post (CC vs CC thread) I don’t care what anyone in the forum thinks. 

found no reason to read beyond this^

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 12:42 PM

That all sounds much more reasonable and believable than what you said before.  I feel it'd be cheeky saying much as I wasn't in the thing.  I do reckon you've well done well with what you've said here under a lot of pressure.

• RyjaTybas
    5,139 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 12:54 PM

That's a very heartfelt apology, and I can sort of understand how the situation came about, because it all happened in a rush, with no clear instructions at all.

I just wish WGT had the same courage that you seem to have, and offer their apology as well for starting the whole thing rolling.

• JONNYD5970
    34 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 12:59 PM

so    sean              you are saying  u  new  u  were cheating   but   thought that  would  be  ok??????              you  are a disgrace   and  so are you're  members  for  going along  with  the   b-***!!!!!!         and  thats why   we want  you    the  cheater  and  you're  club       out   of  wgt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought it was  ok  to  cheat               so  did many  pro athletes         look  where  that  got  them!!!!!!

• bigseanbig
    511 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 1:05 PM

JONNYD5970:

so    sean              you are saying  u  new  u  were cheating   but   thought that  would  be  ok??????              you  are a disgrace   and  so are you're  members  for  going along  with  the   b-***!!!!!!         and  thats why   we want  you    the  cheater  and  you're  club       out   of  wgt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thought it was  ok  to  cheat               so  did many  pro athletes         look  where  that  got  them!!!!!!

Umm...at least i can write coherent sentences?  Did you even read what I wrote or can't you read either?

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 1:15 PM

I wonder, if he justifies himself for keeping the putter,
    how come he's yet to equip it? haven't seen it once in his bag since clash-gate.

• happyman123uk
    1,242 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 1:18 PM

I know of more than a few other clubs that also used the loophole and it would be a good time for the owners of the clubs to own up to it here and come clean even if you didn’t get the golden putter.

Well I say give them 48 Hours if they don't name and shame them get the whole thing out in the open once and fore-all.

In the end, there were no winners and I would like to apologize to everyone that participated especially to the Eagles Club for what happened (who in all honesty was the only club that had a real chance of winning the event). That’s all I have to say. If you have any questions or criticisms please message me privately first.

.........................................................................................................................................................

I for 1 accept your apologies but only if everything comes out into the open as holding back info just because you don't want to start another bad post is only  making it worse for the teams who never found the loop hold and cheated others out of a prize.

............................................................................................................................................................

All I know is we came in the top 25 by the prize we received as a club but we could have been in the top 10  I don't know do I as we have not seen the final board as yet and we don't know how many clubs found the loop hole

.........................................................................................................................................................

So if they don't come clean will you name them?????

I think everyone who played in it has a right to know don't you

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 1:20 PM

I wouldn`t want it in my bag either, Everyones going to know He`s the one.

I think this issue needs to end. Fix the Clash and let`s go on

• alosso
    21,037 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 2:08 PM

DonCaron:
    I think this issue needs to end. Fix the Clash and let`s go on

O.k., so you agree to be the first to be ripped off next time? Go ahead!

(no offence intended)

RSS