Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Adjustment Help Needed

rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:09 PM (5 replies)
  • Sinkman11
    18 Posts
    Fri, Oct 10 2014 3:13 AM

I'm only at lvl 27 and have been running into some problems. 

1. When I'm let's say 8 yards off the green and the hole is 25 yards away and I have an uphill shot to the green I will use my sand wedge because my lob won't make it. Upon hitting the ball it doesn't stay in the air long enough and goes about 5 yards every time, no matter how much power I put into the shot. Is the only way I can get the ball in the air to sail onto the green by using my lob wedge and leaving myself a 18 footer?

Also, I'm still having difficulties measuring out approach shots. I'll have 150 to the green with no wind and be short by 25 yards and on some holes with the bunker protecting the pin placement, I'll be short by at least 30 yards.

Any help would benefit 

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sat, Oct 11 2014 12:53 PM

hi

your clubs are likely your limiting factor. higher end clubs will have much more carry and less run so you can attack the hole. they also fly higher so you can carry closer.

same for pitch shots or flop shots, higher end clubs will be in the air more and stop faster.

if you are 25 to the hole and 8 off the green, pitch and flop should carry it, but the they will land and run quite a bit...

-wgticon

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:07 PM

also the free balls have no spin and this only makes it worse.

• fitzroy1965
    337 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 5:07 PM

also the free balls have no spin and this only makes it worse.

• siggipj76
    2,989 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 6:34 PM

beginner wedges will just make you guess a shot, if you want to , you can get better wedges and you will see a world of difference.

Wedges are a must upgrade if you want to shoot lower scores

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Mon, Oct 13 2014 7:09 PM

siggipj76:

Wedges are a must upgrade if you want to shoot lower scores

This is true, and there are 5 pages of them. Early on I played the Snake Eyes at $1.00 ea along with .10 cent, one dot spin balls and the improvement was immediate. This inexpensive move will add fun along with making the flop and punch options meaningful.

~ SP ~

RSS