Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Ctth monthly sweeps?..

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:09 AM (9 replies)
  • DavesUp
    15 Posts
    Mon, Sep 29 2014 5:46 PM

From what I read it's a random 3 (500cr) winner draw for just entering and completing one round in each sweeps. Your name is entered only once no matter how many times you complete the challenge. .. So why am I seeing really low scores? Is there still a top 70 payout as well?.. A little confused.. Thanks for any help here.. Cheers!

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 10:46 AM

Members play their best regardless. Also, many don't read the terms and think it's the top 70 receiving credits. There's only one Top 70/credits CTTH per month.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Tue, Sep 30 2014 11:09 AM

My thoughts:

I believe the draw is random, BUT, I also believe (no proof, just offering an opinion) that the draw is only for players within a certain range (maybe top 500 or so). Many people will just take the free ball, and go blast away without aiming or setting club, ending up with a 6-700+ score. Why would WGT even consider these people, when it's obvious they aren't even making a lame attempt. This is a stretch as far as opinions go, I know. 

I generally use a promo ball, and I will still restart if I hit a way-off shot. Maybe it's just that some players enjoy trying to do their best. 

Has anyone ever won 500 credits? 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 12:14 AM

jayw4862:

Hmmm.....guess not

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 11:25 AM

Nope, never heard of anyone winning any random prize.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 1:53 PM

jayw4862:

My thoughts:

I believe the draw is random, BUT, I also believe (no proof, just offering an opinion) that the draw is only for players within a certain range (maybe top 500 or so). Many people will just take the free ball, and go blast away without aiming or setting club, ending up with a 6-700+ score. Why would WGT even consider these people, when it's obvious they aren't even making a lame attempt. This is a stretch as far as opinions go, I know. 

I generally use a promo ball, and I will still restart if I hit a way-off shot. Maybe it's just that some players enjoy trying to do their best. 

The random drawing does include all players that entered that tournament.  Doesn't matter if you come in 1st or last, you still have the same odds at being selected.

- WGTdbloshoe

• Stobsbee
    4,784 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 9:22 PM

WGTdbloshoe:
    The random drawing does include all players that entered that tournament. 
    Why are the winners of the random draws never announced? Or if they are could you point out where they are published. If people could see who the winners were then they may actually believe that these random draws do take place.

• SteveW65
    4,540 Posts
    Thu, Oct 2 2014 11:50 PM

I've had the odd 'random draw' credit win - used to play CTTH a lot and often got a few credits in the sweepstake comps. Never entered them to win credits, just to try and compete with the Crazy Gang that are always up at the top. Still having therapy! Beer helps. lol

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:08 AM

WGTdbloshoe:

The random drawing does include all players that entered that tournament.  Doesn't matter if you come in 1st or last, you still have the same odds at being selected.

- WGTdbloshoe

OK. Thanks for responding shoe.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Oct 3 2014 6:09 AM

Stobsbee:

WGTdbloshoe:
    The random drawing does include all players that entered that tournament. 
    Why are the winners of the random draws never announced? Or if they are could you point out where they are published. If people could see who the winners were then they may actually believe that these random draws do take place.

The T&C used to say you could write WGT for a list of winners. I still try to play all of them at least once. Maybe I'll get lucky one drawing. 

RSS