Help › Forums

Re: Game play

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 28 2012 1:00 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • snikes333
    1 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 6:28 PM

I mean come on I hit a ball over the green into the mulch area i guess and no club was able to hit out of it so now i have to forfeit a tournament. awesome.... and the putting is a joke make it more consistent

• lilrob88
    870 Posts
    Mon, Jun 15 2009 9:10 PM

A full sandwedge should get you outta that mulch no problem. Make sure to move the cursor down on the ball to ensure a clean getaway.

• WaterTrap
    95 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 2:10 AM

1. When in the mulch you want  i.e. 60/70% lie  you want to use a punch shot.  Change your shot type by clicking the lefttside of where the club name is.

2.  Putting is consistent if you are consistent.  You must hit it on the nose, eitherwise you will push or pull it.  Up hill needs more power  1ft to each inch, and downhill less.  About the same.  1ft for each inch.

• memmiller
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jun 16 2009 5:22 AM

I will have to agree with snikes, the green's are very inconsistant, I have found instead of trying to read the direction arrow's it's just eaiser to either push or pull the shot to get it in or close.  There are alot of time's where a shot will go long then on the next time I play from the same place (or similar lie) that it's not enough club.  I must say after playing many different versions of online golf, WGT has got it pretty good!!

• cj45
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 8:23 AM

This game has absolutely no reflection on reality.  From driving to iron selection to chipping and putting, the consistency of distance and accuracy is non-existent.

Regardless of average human capability or not, if a player progresses to a pro or master level, then "capability" should progress with them as well.

For example, if a player reaches pro status, then why shouldn't their drive capacity increase beyond 225, to say 275?  Add a purchased club like the R9, it should increase to 300.  The shot meters, in kind should also adjust with skill or club (faster selection, etc).  If I have a 12 yard chip, and a chipping capacity with a PW of 25, and I strike a 3/4 swing perfectly, it should get to the hole or beyond.

Take some cues from other reputable games please...It is not enjoyable to play Bethpage as a pro status and not be able to hit a driver to the green on 3 with a 14MPH mind behind you.  Or only carry 190 yards with a criver, 8MPH behind you on 5 and barely make the waste off the tee.

1,644 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 8:48 AM

Here you go CJ.... click here

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 10:43 AM

CJ45

You are right the game does not reflect reality.  You for got to mention a few other stats

• It is completely unrealistic to hit 93% of fairways when the best average on tour is 74%
    • It is completely unrealistic to hit 75.39% GIR when the best on tour is 71.4%

If you are going to complain at least tell the whole story.

• SERGI0GARCIA
    19 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 10:57 AM

Hmm

but the thing is... if u miss the fairway then your f*cked cos these clubs do f*ck all... where as the pros would be able to recover...

its all wrong but they aint guna listen.. and im sure its not easy making a game like this...

• DustyWW
    4 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 4:38 PM

The game can improve for sure but I think that it has the most potential to be the best virtual golf game in existence.  What they need also is a driving range with various textures.  WGT has a long way to go but it can go far if they keep pushin' it and improving.

• Thetruth67
    158 Posts
    Thu, Jun 18 2009 9:13 PM

Hey Sergio

Did you see any of todays  Open...I didn't see too many people recovering from the rough.

• PAGES
RSS