Re: Kilts are still Brits

rated by 0 users
Tue, Sep 30 2014 12:14 PM (61 replies)
  • Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:06 PM

Guys they had the referendum.

Result:

No ifs buts or maybe on what this or that means for most.  The SNP had it's chance, came, saw and muffed it cos 2 MILLION people said bog off.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:09 PM

Jimbog1964:
    2 MILLION people said bog off.

They were talking to you Jim.

LOL, sorry, couldn't resist man.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:15 PM

PaulTon:

No issues mate.

I just don't get the discussion.  Chance was had and a flimsy prospectus meant most said gotta be joking when the crunch came. How many different ways to say LOST can there be, lol.

I can fully understand down the pub the NO votes were not the loudest, but they were there.

All this stuff about if people vote for the SNP means this or that sorry but there to make people feel better.  The SNP is in dire straights anyway...

Enough.  

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 6:34 PM

Jimbog1964:

PaulTon:

No issues mate.

I just don't get the discussion.  Chance was had and a flimsy prospectus meant most said gotta be joking when the crunch came. How many different ways to say LOST can there be, lol.

I can fully understand down the pub the NO votes were not the loudest, but they were there.

All this stuff about if people vote for the SNP means this or that sorry but there to make people feel better.  The SNP is in dire straights anyway...

Enough.  

Maybe it looked that that from an outsiders point of view, but the vote meant a lot to most people and was the dominating story in all media coverage. After months and months of often heated discussion, argument and counterargument it isn't something which people suddenly stop talking about. I think perhaps you underestimate just how important this referendum was to most of us.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 7:00 PM

WoodenHands:
    I think perhaps you underestimate just how important this referendum was to most of us.

No I don't.  I am English and long story short have vested interest there still.

I do think it's time to work with the way the vote went, and talk of not over for a long time I disagree with.  Now that's opinions granted but it's mine, and personally I think it is over for some very good time.  All as it should be after two years of discussion and a lot of red said NO.  Much more of a majority than expected by many.  Deep rooted as the minority view is one great big vote said it is the minority view.  Enough to sort out with devo max / English devo etc etc......Anyway of course your right to discuss but I doubt you will get much real world support to open it all up again any time soon...

EDIT: There is a strong argument that the NO campaign was so very pitiful that if it all got run again the NO vote would be even larger.  Anyway two years of discussion and NO it was.  Over to you the rest of you to, but like many I think it's way past time to just accept loss for a long while, a very long while.

• craigswan
    30,969 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 12:21 AM

The snp now want home rule as opposed to independence .

Will it never end .

PS - The council want to knock down lamond drive and build some houses .

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 12:32 AM

WigerToods2010:
    What's Alex's next plan of action after doing a runner in the wake of losing the referendum, terrorism? culling pensioners? 

First to the calm bit.  In a couple of years there will, naturally, be more people alive that voted yes than there will that voted no.  

WigerToods2010:

Right now I feel that we in Scotland are not too far away from going down the same route that blighted Northern Ireland when the modern day troubles began in earnest.

Salmond's rhetoric since abandoning ship about "grabbing independence" has only fuelled the fire.

I have seen no even a hint of violence mentioned before, during, or after other than in George Square.  You bring it up on very spurious grounds (grabbing independence, like grabbing a chance) and I wonder why.

This is from the Daily Record on what happened in George square

Sectarianism has always been a failure to understand why others choose a different path to our own, be that religious, cultural or political. It’s defining yourself by what you hate rather than what you believe in.

Those with sectarian attitudes like to give the impression that they alone represent the hopes and fears of their communities. They rely on our apathy, apprehension and reluctance to become involved.

We can’t let this small-minded minority scare us into thinking that change isn’t coming and that they are untouchable.”

From here http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/poisonous-anti-sectarianism-group-chief-slams-4303430

And I couldn’t agree more.

This may be hard for someone outside the British Isles to understand, but it is about the cause of most of the hatred here, particularly in Scotland and N Ireland.

Then you actually go to N Ireland and I would explain what the troubles there are about but you probably know better than I do.  Scotland has had it part it the troubles since they began with a lot more than collections outside football grounds, as you know

WigerToods2010:

"No bombs, no bullets, one egg", someone posted on Twitter on Friday. "Well done Scotland."

I sincerely hope the above can still be said in years to come.

Pardon me if I take this with more than a pinch of salt.

If anyone wants to know what he’s about look at his homepage and if you don’t know what  “Chelsea and Rangers Blues Brothers” is, Google it, or paste this in search  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJS11A5S7XM  or the Herald report after Manchester was trashed  http://www.heraldscotland.com/brothers-in-hate-1.828746

Yeah sure, it’s the Scottish people that want to govern themselves that are likely to cause violence like in N Ireland.

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 1:52 AM

PaulTon:

I'm for lorne, lol

You were wrong, Paul........ ^^^^ the above is your finest.

LMAO

• WigerToods2010
    8,445 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:40 AM

@ Dodgyputter

You know nothing about me.

Stereotype much?

To be honest the minute you cherry picked the earlier comment from 'abonair69' your opinions mattered not a jot.

As for the 'Blues Brothers' image. I'm a football fan that happens to support two teams that play in the same colours. I put the image together to show that. You read into that whatever you want.

Wasn't in George Square on Friday night, nor did I see any violence in Manchester whilst their either.

Btw I've a saltire on my homepage too - I'm a proud Scot that also believes in the Union.

DodgyPutter:
    I have seen no even a hint of violence mentioned before, during, or after other than in George Square
    Perhaps you "should have gone to Specsavers";
    (Click the above image for the news item)
    DodgyPutter:
    You bring it up on very spurious grounds (grabbing independence, like grabbing a chance) and I wonder why.
    The following was posted by another contributor to the thread before your reply;

craigswan:

The snp now want home rule as opposed to independence .

Will it never end .

Guess you chose not to see that either - or listen to Mr Salmond's speech the day after he announced was stepping down.

As for 'Nil By Mouth' statement. Yeah..we agree on something. I do like the way you posted a reference to the 'Daily Record' as if it was that paper's own statement instead of it actually being direct from NBM.

Btw the 'Daily record'? Isn't that the same paper that YES voters are now demanding be boycotted along with a huge list of other companies?

How will that help the thousands of Scots that are employed by the targeted firms on the YES hit list?

You really need to move on and accept the word of the majority of the Scottish people.

Wee question 'Dodgy' - What's the difference between Scottish and English nationalism?

Pablo!!! I told you.....hook, line, and sinker.

• WoodenHands
    526 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 3:26 AM

craigswan:

PS - The council want to knock down lamond drive and build some houses .

?

If ever I happen to drive by Lamond drive I see nothing but houses and from what I can see, they don't look too bad.

RSS