Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Forgiveness

Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:24 PM (1 replies)
  • Poulakidas
    31 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2010 7:56 AM

Forgiveness: Displays how much Distance and Precision the ball will lose if not hit perfectly

the above is taken from the FAQ section of WGT

I understand this as follows:

the more forgivness dots on the atrributes tab of each club, the more distance and precision the ball will lose on a mishit with the given club.

the above matches also with the general idea and consensus that if the meterspeed is slower, the club should be less forgiving on a mishit.

That is fine so far with me. Searching what clubs to buy to replace my ol' starters I see that the ones that have slower Meter Speed have more dots on forgiveness = are less forgiving.

Now the Raptures.

They are advertised as "The most forgiving" while they have the more dots on  forgivness than the other equivalent clubs and the slowest meter speed.

eg the L25+  Rapture irons:

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
    (Equivalent to "Rapture V2 Iron Set (Graphite)".) The forgiveness and slow meter speed of these irons makes them a great upgrade.

I even saw a side banner add of a V2 club being "The most forgiving"

Forgive me I dont get it. Planning to buy clubs soon, I could use any answers.

Gret Game this one thats why I try to figure out things better.

Poulakidas
  • mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 19 2010 3:24 PM

The club system on this game doesn't work like that. The more "forgiveness" dots the club has the more forgiving it is. For example, the rapture irons will go in the general direction you intended when mishit as the are very forgiving. However, clubs that are very forgiving tend not to be "precise". So they are easier to hit with but the ball may not go exactly where you want it.

RSS