Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Disconnecting Quitters

Wed, Feb 2 2011 3:12 PM (33 replies)
  • VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:05 PM

TarheelsRule:
    Nothing that can really be done about it, WGT doesn't want to piss off their potential cash customers so they aren't going to do anything significant about it.

TarHeels,

There are several options that have been presented and discussed to death available on many of those other '5000' threads. One specifically can be found on almost each and every one of those 5000.

If you are open to discussion of the options, do a search for quitters and hunt out the threads dedicated to those options, and feel free to pipe in with your thoughts and opinions.

No use dragging them to this thread, too.....

• Howinoshawa
    711 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:38 PM

This is probably the most intelligent response to this yet,other than my answer from WGT that explained...

" Thank you.The issue in your query was tested by our QA staff and has now been corrected.This was simply a bug in the programming of the game.Thank you for your submission and you should be able to continue now when someone disconnects.

As for the origin of this problem,you are correct,but only because the largest % of our players come from that country and should not be a reflection of anything else.They also have the most wins,losses and holes-in-one,for example.

Thank you for your interest in our game and I hope you will continue to enjoy it in the future.

-WGT Staff "

I rest my case.

• nat13st
    4 Posts
    Mon, Oct 25 2010 6:40 PM

Hi there,in regards to the QUITERS,why not have an option where you can press on there name,and maybe put them on your own profile blacklist?...for times when you meet up with them again!

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 2:21 PM

Nat that is a good idea. However i think you are underestimating the scale of the problem. The possibility that you will meet up with any of those on your blacklist is low (I have a few names scrawled down on a piece of paper). Unless you play alot of stroke games a day. I say let WGT sort this reputation tracking - it is the only way to stop quitting.

(Thing is, since there are so many quitters - they think they will lose money if they take action)

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Tue, Oct 26 2010 8:40 PM

Re: Quitters,   may I put my two cents worth in?

It is just rude.  

I have been playing since about March of this year.  I have only recently gotten the courage to play stroke play with other players and have  played about 8 or 9 stroke play games where I asked to join a group  and about 2 or 3 where I requested players to join.   In every single one there were quitters with absolutely no reason given.  They were players from all over the world.  I played a few first holes with someone from England last night,  I even lost a ball on the first hole,  we were playing about even after four and then bang - he's gone.  No reason given,  I sent a message to his wallpaper asking why he quit.   He deleted it from his profile without a return response.  On at least 3 other occasions I was the only player left.  

I am getting discouraged trying to play with others.   I can't find legend players when I set up a stroke play game  who will join and can't find one when I'm trying to join.  I have been rejected from other stroke play games from the inviter because I'm legend status and they don't want to play on tournament greens.  Which is something else I don't understand.  Why are they always tournament greens when a legend tier is playing with a Master.  Am I mistaken? 

The only competition I can get from a legend is match play where I most often get my ass kicked because the other guy is playing for credits,  which is ok with me,  gives me extra incentive to play better.

If I'm playing, I play to the end.  I don't give a s___ about my average.  I will play ranked or whatever.  I really wonder if the players that do these sorts of things even read these forums.  I doubt it.    Maybe they should read them because the forum pages have helped me improve my game.  Maybe if the quitters who get frustrated because they aren't winning should read the forum pages and then maybe  could learn something.

TJ

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 12:09 AM

Wow tjos I didn't for one moment think that there was a good legend out there who is willing to play with anyone. I have been trying to find one for ages just to see how a good player hits shots but it seems MPC is the only chance I get to play one.

• tjos
    231 Posts
    Wed, Oct 27 2010 9:03 AM

mohuyu:

Wow tjos I didn't for one moment think that there was a good legend out there who is willing to play with anyone. I have been trying to find one for ages just to see how a good player hits shots but it seems MPC is the only chance I get to play one.

Yes it does seem that MPC is the only way to play a legend.  I would just love to play a nice friendly 9 holes of stroke play  with a good legend and see how they handle the course.  It would be a great learning tool for me also.  Obviously match play can show that too but I'm always too concerned about losing credits and not really enjoying the game.  I'm sorry to admit but I can't afford to lose 2 or 3 bucks a night plus having to buy balls that I lose a lot.

I don't mind the match play once in a while but if all the legends want to do is play for credits I probably would end up losing my shirt because being in the Legend Tier does not necessarliy make me a good player. 

I played a Match Play the other night against a legend who's average was better than mine.  We played the first 9 holes at Oakmont and he put a 30 second shot clock up.  I don't play Oakmont very much so needless to say I lost because I didn't have enough time to plan my shot and he obviously knew that course like the back of his hand.It was  embarrassing I played so poorly.   He must of wondered how his opponent could ever be a Legend.  So if there are any Legends out there who would just like to play a round for the heck of it  give me a shout on my wall and let's have some fun.   TJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 3:20 AM

tjos:
    Yes it does seem that MPC is the only way to play a legend.

Not the only way. You can join the Ladders Site which has many top-quality Legend players on it. Players on that site don't quit their rounds because they'd be pilloried for it publicly in that site's forums.

• TarheelsRule
    5,497 Posts
    Thu, Oct 28 2010 1:08 PM

I like to be able to meet new players and play with all levels so the Ladders isn't my cup of tea.  There are two types of quitters, those who quit just due to one bad shot and often freeze the game, those are the ones I have a problem with.  Someone who has to quit and announces it to the group and leaves gracefully, I have no problem with.

In response to the original poster, I have played thousands of rounds of golf in my long real golfing career and I have seen many players walk off the course after a few bad holes even Bobby Jones did this at St Andrews many years ago.  However he wasn't excused by it and neither should be the WGT quitters.

• wolfman321
    551 Posts
    Fri, Nov 12 2010 3:42 PM

Played a game last night where someone disconnected and locked up the game for the remainder of us.

Pissed me off a bit, but i'm getting used to quitters now and expect it nearly every game. Would love if WGT could penalize quitters, by say uping their av score by 10 points.

As for the nationalities, it's across the board, but i do notice it is more of the Tour Pro and Master players that quit especially when they have a double bogey !

RSS