Forums

Help › Forums

Re: COUNTRY CLUB GRAND PRIX TOURNAMENT

Mon, Sep 18 2017 3:08 AM (839 replies)
  • russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:05 PM

I may be doing something wrong,but if you play solo it is tracked but the conditions can't be set,they are default settings.But if you set it up as a normal Blitz then you can change the settings,then just invite your oppo.I believe this would be the best way forward imo.

Russell

EDIT Just tried setting up a blitz tourny in my CC.You only have 2 options stroke or ctth,no facility for blitz.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:06 PM

1 question: you pick 4 players for the first match, then have to change two for the 2nd. Can you then change those 2 back to the original 4 for the final match (should you reach it), or do they have to be yet another new 2? Thx

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:53 PM

fmagnets:

1 question: you pick 4 players for the first match, then have to change two for the 2nd. Can you then change those 2 back to the original 4 for the final match (should you reach it), or do they have to be yet another new 2? Thx

Yes for the final match ok original 4 players of the first match

Carlo

• pierolitfiba
    6,844 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 2:56 PM

russellfahey:
    I may be doing something wrong,but if you play solo it is tracked but the conditions can't be set,they are default settings.But if you set it up as a normal Blitz then you can change the settings,then just invite your oppo.I believe this would be the best way forward imo.

Create blitz--------->setting option------>invite players

• jcgfree
    1,109 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 3:00 PM

fmagnets:

The meaning I got from the rule is that we pick 4 and those 4 only play the Quarters, Semi's and Finals. But after the Quarters you have to take at least 2 players and switch them from the format they played in the Quarters to a different format in the Semi's. i.e. you take your CTTH and Stroke play player and switch them around, thus changing 2 players around. Then you have to do the same for the finals if you make it. Which I would imagine you could change those 2 players back to where they were originally if you wanted, thus changing 2 players around. Would this be correct ALL MIGHTY ALBERTO?

One more question. Is the Match Play Stroke Play, Match Play or Stroke Play?

I think fmagnets was thinking that he picks 4 for Quarters and then can pick 2 others from the original 10 for the Semi's to replace 2 that were in the Quarters. I may be wrong but that is what I got from his statement.

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Thu, Dec 18 2014 5:21 PM

jcgfree:
    The meaning I got from the rule is that we pick 4 and those 4 only play the Quarters, Semi's and Finals. But after the Quarters you have to take at least 2 players and switch them from the format they played in the Quarters to a different format in the Semi's

JCG, no.

You wil actually need to change 2 players every round.
    Specialty assignment can be the same or changed at your discretion.
    And if you make it to the finals, you can use the 2 players you removed after the quarter finals.

Thanks for the all mighty :-) but I'm just a simple super tournament director.

-abq- 

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 8:42 AM

jcgfree:

One more question. Is the Match Play Stroke Play, Match Play or Stroke Play?

The game needs to be Match Play.

jcgfree:

I think fmagnets was thinking that he picks 4 for Quarters and then can pick 2 others from the original 10 for the Semi's to replace 2 that were in the Quarters. I may be wrong but that is what I got from his statement.

Yes that was his question, and yes, this needs to be done.

Note that you need to replace a minimum of 2 players each round, which means you can even change 3 or all four of them each round from your 10 player roster.

-abq-

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 10:46 AM

pierolitfiba:

russellfahey:

Create blitz--------->setting option------>invite players

Not meaning to sound churlish but,you said we can play the blitz solo tracked or from a set up in our CC.What i'm saying is;-

1) You can't set up a Blitz tournament  within your CC

2) You can't select conditions if you play single player TRACKED it's set to the games default settings.

My suggestion was that you would only be able to do it via the options you have mentioned above,which would involve actually playing the tie with your oppo.

Russell

EDIT This is the reason i made my post,as neither of the 2 options given below are feasable.

For those who were asking, every Blitz/CTTH venue can be played solo or through a CC tournament, so you will definitely have the time to practice and improve before the stage 3 begins.

-abq-

• AlbertoBQ
    2,560 Posts
    Fri, Dec 19 2014 11:04 AM

Russell, you are correct.

I forgot the options are locked on the Single player Blitz or CTTH mode.

The only way to replicate the conditions would be as you say.

1) to play with a random opponent a Blitz game, by first setting up the game and then inviting a player (random or friend)

2) set up an unlimited CTTH game with same conditions in your CC tournament
    This option won't be the same as playing a blitz, but you can practice holes and conditions.

-abq-

• Tamsach
    2,823 Posts
    Sun, Dec 21 2014 1:41 AM

Hi Alberto, my english is not good enough to follow all this questions and answers. I lost myself and many others players of my team don't talk English at all. We should need an italian translation! Tks, bye.

RSS