Forums

Help › Forums

Re: getting fresh ball?

Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:03 PM (7 replies)
  • spa75
    330 Posts
    Fri, Oct 15 2010 5:48 PM

i just wondered is it possible to change to a fresh ball, (of same type) before hit life of old ball run out. if so could you tell me how pls, ty.

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 12:37 AM

I don't believe there is any way to change balls in the manner you are describing.

Joey

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 1:32 AM

I don't think it would make any difference anyway.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 1:53 AM

spa75:

i just wondered is it possible to change to a fresh ball, (of same type) before hit life of old ball run out. if so could you tell me how pls, ty.

No there is no way to switch to a fresh ball. But as one of the best players on here said the playing characteristics of the ball are the same for new unhit ball as it is for one with just 1 shot left. In real life that may not be so. But most of us will never know because we lose most of our balls way before they would wear out.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 2:13 AM

piztaker:

Me thinks he wants to use the used balls on shots where they might go into the water.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 4:30 AM

CharlemagneRH:

piztaker:

Me thinks he wants to use the used balls on shots where they might go into the water.

It IS currently impossible to switch to another ball from your bag during a round, but if you know there's a pesky hazard on the next hole... with prior stowing and some slight-of-hand while retrieving your ball from the cup, I've spied that a switch to a "near dead" ball could be surreptitiously accomplished...

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 17 2010 8:05 AM

Ahh, the old yellow-ball-in-the-cuff trick.  Does it work with a red ball, as well?

• spa75
    330 Posts
    Mon, Oct 18 2010 5:03 PM
    ok, ty all. the only reason i asked is because i thought that when the ball was changed mid round you dropped a shot but i now know that only happens if you go in the drink or ob, once again THANKYOU ALL :)
RSS