rated by 0 users
Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:52 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 7:02 AM

alosso:

mkrizan86:

Funny thing though, in multi round weeklies and monthly multi round premiums, the win always goes to the person with the better final round. Obviously not the case here.

Nobody knows because we don't see the back nine scores. The higher 18 hole score may be from a splendid comeback after a desastrous front nine. (greetings from VEM!)

Agreed. But the point i was trying to make is that in multi round weeklies and monthly multi round premiums it makes no difference, because the better final round wins every time. Only In the case of the same score and the same final round (of either 2 or 4) the usual tie breaker rules come into play (last 6, last 3, etc.). In my mind, the virtual tour is still a multi round event, made from 2 rounds (although 18 holes ones instead of 9, like in others), so the same rule should apply. It obviously does not.

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 8:43 AM

mkrizan86:
    Agreed. But the point i was trying to make is that in multi round weeklies and monthly multi round premiums it makes no difference, because the better final round wins every time
    OIC.

Are you saying that a 60-60 score will always win against a 59-61 score?

It may be common that the better score produces the better final 9, but not exclusive.

Examples would be nice proof...

I searched some multiround tournaments across the tiers back to week 34 and found a few (<10) ties for first place. As you said, the lower final round would always win.

Is it inside statistics or not?

• mkrizan86
    1,866 Posts
    Sun, Sep 7 2014 11:22 AM

alosso:

mkrizan86:
    Agreed. But the point i was trying to make is that in multi round weeklies and monthly multi round premiums it makes no difference, because the better final round wins every time
    OIC.

Are you saying that a 60-60 score will always win against a 59-61 score?

It may be common that the better score produces the better final 9, but not exclusive.

Examples would be nice proof...

I searched some multiround tournaments across the tiers back to week 34 and found a few (<10) ties for first place. As you said, the lower final round would always win.

Is it inside statistics or not?

Just checked the FAQ again. I was sure the final round in a, let's say, 4 round 9 hole event wins because it's the final round, but I guess this is because all those final rounds were in fact final 9 holes of the total tourney. My assumption seems to be wrong. I guess I should've checked an 18 hole multi round tourney in order to verify them first. I won a few of these multi round events on 9 hole rounds on the better final round and always assumed it would've been the same if the rounds were 18 holes. I see where I went wrong here ;-)

• FredBurger
    1 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 1:35 PM

If the match is 9 holes, do they take the last four holes as the opening determination?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 3:52 PM

FredBurger:

If the match is 9 holes, do they take the last four holes as the opening determination?

Check the FAQ---------->>>>>>>>>>>

Tiebreakers

• PAGES
RSS