Help › Forums

Re: V E M !

Sat, May 27 2017 4:10 PM (485 replies)
  • thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:17 PM

PaulTon:

Jimbog1964:
    Bad holes, rounds and even periods will happen.  Overall though the only difference between a player and doing well is the effort to really understand the course they are playing.

DING!

3,114 Posts

Just hit a major bucket list item I set for 2014 so feeling a little smug.  Never thought it would happen but 10' dist to pin came up today for me.  Now anyone can go through my score history and it's mostly RGs, and some dross in there.  Do I WD yes I do as RGs I treat as economic propositions only, but I reckon I 

(Excuse me for not copying Jim's entire post ....I fell asleep in the middle of his incessant patting himself on the back...........He lost me at SMUG

LMAO   )

I think you have found a need for the Smug Bell

• VEM9000
    169 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 2:11 PM

pdb1:
    Really ? Come on .

photo VEMMiffy_zps15600694.jpg

There may be more to what transpires between WGT, and your game, than is dreampt of in your philosophy, pdb1 .

VEM :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 3:48 PM

thesupernova:
    I fell asleep in the middle of his incessant patting himself on the back.

Short attention span or poor memory and wrong spec prescription then as you certainly never got as far as the middle.    

It was mainly about some VEM nonsense that is spoken. And some smug there to I admit, not that I see anything wrong with a little of that for a bucket list tick:)  Anyway you saw the need for your post nonsense as it.

What set you of anyway, bad morning?  Cage rattler to robust? Or just wanted to contribute as much wisdom as usual?  In fairness you seem only school age so put it down to that I guess. Hope you have that excuse as if older you sound as watching paint dry, and need to learn the difference between funny and boredom.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 4:08 PM

PBaldwin:
    m curious as to what some of the top players ADP is in a typical round or over the course of their last couple hundred rounds.

Be interesting for sure.

PBaldwin:
    My best rounds are about 4 ft ADP and am usually around 7-12 ft.

I hardly looked at mine each time.  I have good rounds and bad rounds, but like you (think) play all the courses all the conditions.  How some inhabit BoF (heck some even easier) would bore me to tears but they do, and some comment in VEM too...Geez how easy to they expect it...

I was more afraid (afraid in a WGT way, lol) of mine going up.  Never felt like I was getting closer more often.  Your scores are reasonable same as mine and your ADP will follow in time.....Does seem to be a real slow moving one. FWIW I thought 10" was possible only because I saw players of a a similar ability with it.  Any one with 9' is either simply better or never gone higher through being a restart or only turning in good rounds from easy courses (I will leave debate on other explanations for a v few aside).

PBaldwin:
    My putting has come a long ways so even if I am pretty far away I can still shoot pretty good.  I can do better on ball location on the greens though as I leave myself 6-10 footers downhill or side hill putts a lot.  I would much rather take a 15 footer up hill than some of those.  I always have to try and land on the pin though.

I should manage my landing zones more I know that.  I play fairly quick (17 mins RSG F9 with bandicam slowing me down)), and should take more time probably.  I am sure I miss some putts from being out of position and could have just boxed a bit better - I hear ya on those up v downhillers for sure:).  I do think there is a lot to just knowing greens and the more you play the luckier you get same as for anything holds true.

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 12:33 AM

Jimbog1964:

thesupernova:
    I fell asleep in the middle of his incessant patting himself on the back.

Short attention span or poor memory and wrong spec prescription then as you certainly never got as far as the middle.    

It was mainly about some VEM nonsense that is spoken. And some smug there to I admit, not that I see anything wrong with a little of that for a bucket list tick:)  Anyway you saw the need for your post nonsense as it.

What set you of anyway, bad morning?  Cage rattler to robust? Or just wanted to contribute as much wisdom as usual?  In fairness you seem only school age so put it down to that I guess. Hope you have that excuse as if older you sound as watching paint dry, and need to learn the difference between funny and boredom.

Hha Hha hHa

You really need to get over yourself.I was poking fun ..after all you left yourself wide open .Obviously you feel you can poke fun at others ...but cannot appreciate reciprocity .You did paint  broad strokes of sarcasm...i thought you'd appreciate getting some of it back.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Abraham Lincoln

LOL That ship has most certainly sailed with you.

I just don't do pompous 

Or Smug.

I so admire humility....

Most certainly  humility and all related synonyms  are not apart of your repertoire.

Other than that I'd have been interested

LMAo you take yourself way too seriously.

Was that an ever so lame attempt to insult me??

OMG I needed to good laugh.

With you and me in a battle of wits

I'm in a fight with an unarmed man.

Oh My

I can't stop laughing.

Hugs 

& Smiles

AND STILL laughing

Oh BTW 

I did read your post.

I needed a good nap.

I copied it and sent it to my friends......they are able to fall fast asleep in no time.

Thank You Jim.

LOL

So I was wrong,pompous and smug do have their place.

Gonna read your post ..I'll be fast asleep in 5 minutes

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 1:00 AM

thesupernova:
    I so admire humility....

And I do so admire nonsense when it's funny, but you is not that is you. I assume very young with your huge sense of self esteem which is totally without justification, but you need to learn to get corrected with the nonsense you bring young lady.

thesupernova:
    Other than that I'd have been interested

How do I break this gently.  No one cares what you are interested in or not when you are just being ignorant at best.  Don't want to read it skim over i, not take cheap shots at others for aims at cheap laughs, and then expect them not to correct that nonsense..

Many will bring things they are pleased with to these forums which is all I did.  I also did so in a constructive way within the context of the thread.  Look up constructive BTW.  

Many will continue to do this whether you like that or not or whether you choose to make silly little, quite nasty, remarks about it with your little twists.

On a serious and direct note you do need to understand that it is very ignorant to, albeit lamely as you did, endeavour to put posts down when all they did was highlighted a bucket list achievement.  It was even done in good context, not in any wow way like you tried to dress it up.  

These forums are not there for you to try and make fun of people, especially as half the other way round we get real tantrums don't we.  Try something useful for a change springs to mind, but we doubt that.  

EDIT:

Definition of funny:

causing laughter or amusement; humorous.

Definition of ignorant:

Read you posts - Clue: jumping on others achievements in a nasty way, and ensuing tantrums when they correct you....

Maybe try getting out of bed the other side for a change.  Enough if you will, and please do spare the usual two pages of pics...But I doubt it somehow..........

• thesupernova
    7,331 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:46 AM

OMG

LMAO

Add no sense of humor along with anal retentive to your wonderful attributes.

You are unarmed ,..............................................

Churchill's law -“Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”

I will leave you with one last picture......

Is this your High School 

Or College Pic??

Once again 

Find some humor in your life.

I sure have found some in it

head up ass photo: Head Up 0363.jpg

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 3:10 AM

thesupernova:

OMG

LMAO

Add no sense of humor along with anal retentive to your wonderful attributes.

You are unarmed ,..............................................

Churchill's law -“Never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.”

I will leave you with one last picture......

Is this your High School 

Or College Pic??

Once again 

Find some humor in your life.

I sure have found some in it

head up ass photo: Head Up 0363.jpg

Exactly as expected. Never mind but tried explaining what ignorance it was to be nasty, and you do it again with your usual maturity.  

You will note you picked on the wrong person to pick on even though I would have pointed it out to you had you tried that crap with some one else.

You will not get it, but that only reflects badly on you. Pitiful but that's the internet sometimes!  

Please just let the thread run on with something now.

RSS