Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Don't hold your breath on Pebble Beach

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 19 2015 7:13 AM (49 replies)
  • alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 2:28 AM

I don't want to stop Shoe in his "open phase", but I doubt that any plans or considerations would be published, let alone here.

I'm happy to have the firm confirmations given here (delays nonwithstanding) - let's hold back further questions!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 3:21 PM

andyson:

I don't recall WGT ever saying they need two dozen.

At about 1:00 in this video he says "about a dozen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwMdwNuWMc

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:16 PM

ApexPC:
    Shortly after that the team of photographers (WGT has said it takes about 2 dozen of them) descended on PBGL to do the needed photography.

ApexPC:

andyson:

I don't recall WGT ever saying they need two dozen.

At about 1:00 in this video he says "about a dozen"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXwMdwNuWMc

Yo! Nice math there bud!  Still short a dozen!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Aug 29 2014 9:30 PM

andyson:
    Yo! Nice math there bud!  Still short a dozen!

Consider yourself hired with that Math.

I am looking for a new creative accountant.

• LuckyMcD23
    10 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2015 5:17 PM

So we are at least 4 months overdue already. The title of this thread is pretty accurate, don't hold your breath on Pebble Beach.

They let speculation run rampant that Pebble Beach would be the new course in November / December. It wasn't. Then they let speculation run rampant that it would be up in February for the Pro-Am. It wasn't. A moderator directly and very clearly said it would be up before Chambers Bay (which was up in May). It wasn't. The only thing we can say for sure is it will be up before June 2019. They will continue dangling the carrot as long as they can.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 11:42 AM

LuckyMcD23:

So we are at least 4 months overdue already. The title of this thread is pretty accurate, don't hold your breath on Pebble Beach.

They let speculation run rampant that Pebble Beach would be the new course in November / December. It wasn't. Then they let speculation run rampant that it would be up in February for the Pro-Am. It wasn't. A moderator directly and very clearly said it would be up before Chambers Bay (which was up in May). It wasn't. The only thing we can say for sure is it will be up before June 2019. They will continue dangling the carrot as long as they can.

Did they actually say which year ?

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 12:33 PM

WGTdbloshoe:

It doesn't make sense to photograph a course, spend the massive amount of time and money to get it done then stash it away for 5 years.  We have said it many times recently and going back since the course was photographed.  It is coming before the next Open there.

Bandon, Pebble, and Chambers are coming in that order.  Not sure how else we can be clearer about it.

- WGTdbloshoe

This confirms WGT lies !!! Bandon, Pebble and Chambers are coming in that order. Not sure how else we can be clearer about it.

Well Bandon, Chambers came but No Pebble in that order ! Not sure how members can be clearer about it !  You Lied !!!  Is that not correct ??

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2015 1:03 PM

Where have you Folks been? Evidently you did not see Icon postings of him playing the course to make sure everything is up to par.

• Kepone18
    196 Posts
    Mon, Oct 26 2015 7:15 AM

Icon also said that he played the new pins at RSG. Problem is that was more than three years ago, playing it is one thing but actually releasing it seems to be the main problem. 

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Wed, Nov 4 2015 9:55 PM

Looking forward to Pebble Beach for sure.

I'd like to see an Asian course represented in stroke format on WGT. Although WGT is blocked in China ( gambling I think is the reason...) the potential market is huge. More and more people are utilising private virtual network providers to get around The Great Firewall.

Apart from Chinese courses, Thailand, Taiwan, the Philippines and Japan among other countries in the region have some of the most aesthetically pleasing courses on the globe.

RSS