Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 7:47 AM

mmyers0:
    I won't be available Saturday the 27th either, unfortunately. I could squeeze the A/S into an evening (US time) or else I'll have to sit this week out.

Hi mm, I'm hoping we can get more of the next series of matches played during weekday hours (unlike the Fourballs) ... particularly since this coming weekend is the real-life Ryder Cup, and some players won't want to miss a shot!

You'd mentioned on your sign-up form 'possible' availability from 7am-10am your local time weekdays. Is that still an option for you any days next week: Mon 9/29 - Fri 10/3, or Mon 10/6?

And, don't forget folks, we do also have the second weekend (Sat 10/4-Sun 10/5) available if needed for the Foursomes.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:00 AM

Green and ready to go ...go USA!!!!

• jsweetcr
    1,209 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 10:46 AM

Group C just got their best ball match completed. fmagnets and myself defeated BigKnight and CerinoDevoti 3 and 1. i did a stellar job of providing comic relief on 2 holes with double bogeys, was all over the place. I did manage to win 2 holes tho and we went -8 as a team.

USA played very well but fmags  was on fire and shot a 29 on his own. Good fun, great players!!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 11:19 AM

Bravo Jon & Mags! We sure needed that win.

So that concludes the Fourballs Series for week 1, with the USA taking a lead of 4-2 into the Foursomes series.

Congratulations to everyone on some very hard fought matches, and some great clutch scoring under pressure.

IIRC it's interesting that the winning team each time has been the one that could find birdies on the toughest holes on the f9 (#2, #4, #8), although it's very surprising that none of this last four managed birdie on #5.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 12:50 PM

http://youtu.be/n81EsuknnJ4

Here's a recording of the match, and it should finish processing shortly. Match notes:

- Jsweet had to pull an all nighter at work, but such is his commitment to his role as captain's pick he was determined to play anyway. His couple of nightmare holes should be viewed in this context and forgiven, and the rest of his good play applauded.

- I am not entirely comfortable with the way the meter travels when recording, so adopted a miss-ding style on several approaches. Luckily I was playing well enough to miss against the slope so all was well.

- No. 5 was into the wind and unreachable. After our partners mucked up, BK and I both had to play slightly cautious approaches and missed our resulting bendy 8-10 footers (I still nearly managed to putt off the green though!).

- Cerino likes to play solo as he hates waiting around for others. Despite this, we were waiting for him on every tee box. I think he must be one of those guys that leaves his bag on the opposite side of the green to the next tee on every hole!! ;-)

Thanks to the other 3 for an enjoyable game, and well done to everyone for getting the 4balls played with minimum fuss.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 1:12 PM

fmagnets:
    I think he must be one of those guys that leaves his bag on the opposite side of the green to the next tee on every hole!! ;-)

Lol :)

• mmyers0
    478 Posts
    Mon, Sep 22 2014 9:26 PM

Corwyn:

Hi mm, I'm hoping we can get more of the next series of matches played during weekday hours (unlike the Fourballs) ... particularly since this coming weekend is the real-life Ryder Cup, and some players won't want to miss a shot!

You'd mentioned on your sign-up form 'possible' availability from 7am-10am your local time weekdays. Is that still an option for you any days next week: Mon 9/29 - Fri 10/3, or Mon 10/6?

And, don't forget folks, we do also have the second weekend (Sat 10/4-Sun 10/5) available if needed for the Foursomes.

Mornings are very iffy, and I don't know if I could commit more than a day in advance. One hour is certainly easier to find than two though.

• BigKnight
    2,777 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 6:16 AM

Mags and Sweet played a very very solid match...CD and I knew it would tough going in, and it was. Congrats on the win...looking forward to perhaps seeing one or two of you again in the next rounds :)

cheers!

=bk=

• ColumbusStorm
    3,417 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 7:19 AM

fmagnets:
    - Cerino likes to play solo as he hates waiting around for others. Despite this, we were waiting for him on every tee box. I think he must be one of those guys that leaves his bag on the opposite side of the green to the next tee on every hole!! ;-)

Just so everyone knows somebody in the group should be capturing and saving the scorecard after every hole.

Just in case something unfortunate happens during the round the group needs to have a record of the scorecard. I would bet CerinoDevoti was doing that for the rest of the group. Am I correct CD?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Sep 23 2014 2:16 PM

ColumbusStorm:

fmagnets:

Just so everyone knows somebody in the group should be capturing and saving the scorecard after every hole.

Just in case something unfortunate happens during the round the group needs to have a record of the scorecard. I would bet CerinoDevoti was doing that for the rest of the group. Am I correct CD?

You know me very well. I did capture the scorecard after every hole just in case we had to enact the disco rule.

Mags meant they had to wait for me to par every hole while they made their birdies and went to the next tee. ;) I thought he was going to tile my face out of the video as I had asked but I saw he didn't. Next round I'm playing with a bag over my head.  lol

RSS