Forums

Help › Forums

Re: UEL Ryder Cup @ Pinehurst: Sep20-Oct13

Fri, Oct 17 2014 4:57 PM (366 replies)
  • Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 1:20 PM

Wontonamo:
    ahhh crap sorry corwyn i wont be available on those dates - im going interstate for a wedding and a roadtrip from sept 30 to oct 13 dammit

Oh Tom, what a pity! You will be sorely missed.

Well ROW teammates, our team news is beginning to echo that of the real-life US team with its injuries and withdrawals! I'm still hoping to hear from TallAcePaul, but right now it looks like we might be down 2 of our qualified players. Thankfully, we have strong alternates next in line.

Thanks to those who've filled out the Availability Form so far. PMs to remaining players are being sent today.

• devonnnnn
    1,085 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 3:44 PM

Hope you guys enjoy the Ryder cup, as much as I would have loved to participate. Go USA!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Wed, Aug 27 2014 4:10 PM

Hi Devon,

You may well still be needed as an alternate. I've just sent out a PM to you and to the other near-qualifiers on both teams, inviting you also to submit your availability info in case you may be called upon.

(Please note: the process for determining priority for Alternate spots from those who just missed out on automatic qualification was outlined in the 2nd post, first page of the UEL Ryder Cup Qualification thread.)

-------------------------------------------------------

I have also, this afternoon, sent out PMs to all players that did qualify for each of the teams with the link to provide their Time Availability (I did not send to those who had already filled out the form: thank you!)

• Wontonamo
    2,269 Posts
    Thu, Aug 28 2014 9:32 PM

yes apologies once again - i had a feeling it was just bad timing - really wanted to beat up on jj and others on that US team :)

all the best guys!

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 11:32 AM

Corwyn:
    I've just sent out a PM to you and to the other near-qualifiers on both teams, inviting you also to submit your availability info in case you may be called upon.

(Please note: the process for determining priority for Alternate spots from those who just missed out on automatic qualification was outlined in the 2nd post, first page of the UEL Ryder Cup Qualification thread.)

-------------------------------------------------------

I have also, this afternoon, sent out PMs to all players that did qualify for each of the teams with the link to provide their Time Availability (I did not send to those who had already filled out the form: thank you!)

Just a brief bump for this thread...

Thank you to those of you, qualifiers and potential alternates, who have filled in the Time Availability sign-up form already.

Of the qualified players, we're still waiting to hear from:

ROW:

KonradOse; niqueclyde; TallAcePaul ... and schedule info from fmagnets (once he settles in after his 'big move'!)

The ROW team already know Wontonamo can't play, and will be calling on at least 1 alternate. ROW have had availability responses from 2 near-qualifiers: SteveReilly and cricketrules, and from one other surprise player who may be angling for a captain's pick!

USA:

BigKnightgishdrumspoolmaniac6

The USA team have had no known withdrawals so far, and have had availability responses from 3 near-qualifiers: Devonnnnn, CerinoDevoti, moosetaya for the alternate list. Two other players, both potential captain's picks, have also submitted availability info. Thank you!

Note: I'm being deliberately secretive about potential captain's picks at this point. They will be announced simultaneously on Tuesday, Sep 9th.

If you haven't yet filled out the Time Availability Form, please do so asap!

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Mon, Sep 1 2014 1:35 PM

I don't know how far away i was from qualifying but i would be available for this should the ROW team captain wish to pick me.

• Kurtsbuford
    7,592 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 7:54 AM

Is likely that one of WGT's finest players of all time,  also a 3 time ROW participant and ROW MVP winning 3 times during the 2012 WGT Ryder playing the toughest of the best Americanos.......and a UEL wizard........

is available for captains pick.   Priestess.   

(shes somewhere in downtown London, England if you want to give her a call)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 11:09 AM

Corwyn:
    and from one other surprise player who may be angling for a captain's pick!

Hmmmm... Kurt, I fear you may have ruined our ROW surprise, lol!

And you didn't mention her 100% record in the first UEL Ryder Cup.

------------------

Dazza, great to see you making yourself available too. (Dazza was Rookie/Newbie of the Tournament in the 2012 WGT Ryder Cup)

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 11:57 AM

DAZZA501:
    I don't know how far away i was from qualifying

Dazza's question reminds me that I should spell out the situation with Alternates.

Corwyn:

Here is the relevant info from back in May, 2014:

Corwyn:
    Alternates:

We will certainly need alternates. The commitments I've been asking for are necessarily non-binding. We are talking about an event that's several months away, and people's lives change.

Alternates will be selected, first and foremost, from the Spring UEL Tour standings as follows: 1st alternate is next player for each team from the Combined Best 9 Credits list, then 2nd alternate for each team is the next player from Combined Best 9 Relative to Par list, and so on, switching back and forth down the list.

According to that process, for each team that means the following players in this order (note that we will call upon each player in that order, but may have to skip a player depending on whose availability fits best with the substitution need at the time):

Team ROW

lisalovesthesun   (no response yet)

stevereilly   (available and form filled out)

cricketrules   (available and form filled out)

Dazza501   (available and form filled out)

emmalinks    (no response yet)

and next in line to be asked would be: Tgkomv, Bonalyau, LOLserver, alcaucin, jsweetcr

Team USA

GOLFHAWK   (unavailable)

devonnnnn   (available and form filled out)

CerinoDevoti   (available and form filled out)

moosetaya   (available and form filled out)

and next in line to be asked would be: dakotarov, petethepup

• Corwyn
    2,410 Posts
    Tue, Sep 2 2014 12:00 PM

Corwyn:
    Of the qualified players, we're still waiting to hear from:

ROW:

KonradOse; niqueclyde; TallAcePaul ... 

The ROW team already know Wontonamo can't play, and will be calling on at least 1 alternate...

USA:

BigKnightgishdrumspoolmaniac6

The USA team have had no known withdrawals so far...

UPDATE: still no word from Konrad, clyde, or Paul on the ROW team (although the first two are 'active'), while on the US team BigKnight has responded and his info is coming soon, but poolmaniac6 is sadly unavailable for the tourney dates. No response yet from gishdrums.

RSS