Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Internet Explorer

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 22 2014 9:12 PM (5 replies)
  • Slicer26
    11 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 12:47 PM

Is there a problem w/ WGT and Internet Explorer? I have been using IE for over a year now w/ no issues and now the last week and a half, I get frozen out and have to re-boot (screen freezes going from 1 hole to the next; with a message of either "unexpected error", or "IE stopped working:). Usually after my 1st initial log-on of the day w/ WGT is when I have the problems. After that, it seems to do o.k. I have fiber-optic CAT-5 internet connection, and I always clear my caches every couple of days and do all of the things required by WGT for smooth operation.

• WGTyphoon
    597 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 3:32 PM

Hello Slicer26.

There should not be any issues with the web browser Internet Explorer. Can you please provide us with more information on the issue?

-Which game mode were you playing when you frozen and crashed?

-Have you attempted to play the game in a different browser (such as Firefox or Chrome) to see if there is a general issue with IE or across the board? 

-Were you able to submit a Bug Report or contact Customer Support about this matter?

To submit a report: 

1. Right-click the screen while the game window is open. 

2. Select the option "Submit this problem to WGT" on the menu displayed.

3. Describe the issue you are experiencing in as much detail as possible.

Looking forward to hearing back from you about this.
    -WGTyphoon
  • gyrene120
    594 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 5:10 PM

there is a problem with IE-11 as I found out from an IT, so if u are using IE-11 switch back to IE-10. that will solve some problems in the game.

gyrene120

• Slicer26
    11 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 6:43 PM

Thanks for the quick response......i'll screen shot 1 next time it happens

• Slicer26
    11 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 6:44 PM

Thanks for the tip Gy20......I might give that a shot when I have a chance

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Aug 22 2014 9:12 PM
    A lot of people seem to think that there are only 2 or 3 browsers available when really there are dozens. Some seem to suit one PC but not another so it's worth trying a few. Maxthon and Comodo are popular on this site.
RSS