Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Everyone uses different wedges!

Sat, Oct 23 2010 2:19 PM (24 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 13 2010 11:39 AM

Usually about 18 yards or so

Thank you for that morsel, it never occurred to me since I like the flop. Heading straight out....   :-)

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 9:48 AM

Great information!  I've been struggling with the accuracy of my short game, even though I've got the 98 and 77 yd wedges.  Hardly ever used the punch on the wedges and it is definitely something to try.

I've also been thinking about adding a 50 or 60 yd wedge since I see that most better players have three wedges.

Question:  I like my driver, 3 wood and hybrid.  Anyone know how to dump the 3 iron out of an iron set to accommodate an additional wedge?

thanks!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 10:07 AM

palupear:
    Anyone know how to dump the 3 iron out of an iron set to accommodate an additional wedge?

No can do, palu. At least not yet. It's a good move to add that 50 wedge because you will use it way more than either of your fairway woods and it will save you a ton of strokes up close. Your hybrid is probably more versatile than the 3w but replacing either one of them with that wedge is a superior move. GL 

• palupear
    50 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 1:12 PM

YankeeJim:  Thanks!  I think I'll stuff my wood, add the wedge and see if I miss the 230 yd club.  

I'm not understanding why wgt won't allow at least one or two iron swap outs (either or both the 3 or the PW makes sense to me since those ranges can be easily covered by a 5 wood or hybrid on the long side and the longer wedges on the short).  Seems like it would add a strategic element to the game as well as help wgt sell equipment (wedges and hybrids at least).

Thanks again, YankeeJim, all who posted the good advice on this thread. Very helpful.

palu 

• Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Sat, Oct 23 2010 2:19 PM

palupear:

I'm not understanding why wgt won't allow at least one or two iron swap outs (either or both the 3 or the PW makes sense to me since those ranges can be easily covered by a 5 wood or hybrid on the long side and the longer wedges on the short).  Seems like it would add a strategic element to the game as well as help wgt sell equipment (wedges and hybrids at least).

That is not likely to happen. I am too lazy to dig it up but WGT has said in a previous thread that the irons are programed as one club. To change this would be a huge amount of work as it is in the basic programing.

Sorry to be a killjoy

Happy hitting

RSS