Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gimme's

rated by 0 users
Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:10 PM (5 replies)
  • JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 3:07 PM

What are the parameters for being offered a "gimme" in skins games?

Is it based on tier, avg, or what?

I was playing with a lvl 74 hack that was getting them on 7ft plus putts and I have to be inside of 2 and still don't always get them. Seems kind of backwards.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 4:07 PM

JGrossnickle:

I was playing with a lvl 74 hack that was getting them on 7ft plus putts and I have to be inside of 2 and still don't always get them. Seems kind of backwards.

Which brings up the question of why you'd play with a level 74 hack.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 6:29 PM

hi

lower levels have different rules, such as hacks, which may allow them to get a gimme from 7ft.  hack level is designed to introduce you to the game. 

-wgticon

• JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:10 PM

MichaelStroke:

JGrossnickle:

Which brings up the question of why you'd play with a level 74 hack.

Good answer, answered my question precisely.

Now to answer yours- It wasn't for credits or anything, just practice. In other words, it makes no difference what tier an opponent is. He was at lvl 74 which means he probably knows what he's doing. It takes a lot of rnds to get there.

At what tier do you decide your to good to not play someone?

• JGrossnickle
    41 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 8:17 PM

WGTicon:

hi

lower levels have different rules, such as hacks, which may allow them to get a gimme from 7ft.  hack level is designed to introduce you to the game. 

-wgticon

Thx Icon, have you guys ever considered using levels to help decide tiers also. 

Look at the winners in your tiered tournaments. A level 50 Hack is no comparison to a level 10 when it comes to experience. Run a tournament that is starter clubs and balls only and see who places where. It won't be the lower level guys at the top.

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Mon, Jul 28 2014 2:10 PM

JGrossnickle:

WGTicon:

hi

-wgticon

Thx Icon, have you guys ever considered using levels to help decide tiers also. 

Look at the winners in your tiered tournaments. A level 50 Hack is no comparison to a level 10 when it comes to experience. Run a tournament that is starter clubs and balls only and see who places where. It won't be the lower level guys at the top.

hi

we always looking at ways to improve things... alas, it's hard to create requirements that will encompass everyone. but we are trying:)

-wgticon

RSS