Re: British Open

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:45 AM (82 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 4:09 AM

WigerToods2010:

mantis0014:
    ...and how was Tom Watson, what a great player he is still :)

Watching Tom's walk to the final hole and seeing the reception he received speaks volumes of the esteem he is held in by golf fans the world over.

A real sporting giant with the humility to carry off easily all that comes with greatness.

It will be Tom's last Open next year. It's going to be huge.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Tue, Jul 22 2014 8:48 PM

mantis0014:

Very good win by Rory. Lots of low scores by most in the field made it into a great last round.

Great course, except the last few holes might have been a bit too easy. One thing I liked was the walk down the 18th fairway for the players with the stands on either side and around the green.

...and how was Tom Watson, what a great player he is still :)

great win for Rory, i dont think the last few holes were that easy. the 17th was playing over par and was the the hardest hole. the last two par 5's were the tougher of the four par 5's, they played under par but still had a lot of bogeys or worse.

here is the hole stats: click here

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Jul 23 2014 2:45 AM

MartyFlanagan:

great win for Rory, i dont think the last few holes were that easy. the 17th was playing over par and was the the hardest hole. the last two par 5's were the tougher of the four par 5's, they played under par but still had a lot of bogeys or worse.

here is the hole stats: click here

With the conditions unusually pretty good, having the par5's at the end made it easy for players to get the birds and have a comfortable finish.

RSS