Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2018 4:36 AM
    Andyson Commemorative Medals
    Because Postimg have had to change their domain from .org to .cc, a lot of Dennis' medals have disappeared from the tournament participants profiles. Copy these if you want them back.
  • HittyHard
    775 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:26 PM

Cheers Scott - wondered where mine went......

Top work as usual Sir!

Gary.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 1:49 PM

Thank you HH. PaulT put a lot of effort into the tournaments and medals in honour of Dennis, so it's sad to see them not showing up.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, Jun 7 2018 2:37 PM
    Installing an old version of AdBlock into an old version of Comodo Dragon

(Copied this info to here from another thread as it will probably get lost otherwise, and it might be useful again)

Find the version of AdBlock you want to use HERE. (I used AdBlock v2.66.0 and Comodo Dragon 29.1.0.0 for this test).

When you have downloaded the AdBlock zip file you'll need to extract the contents, right click on the zip file and select 'Extract all' from the menu...

...after you have extracted the files you should see another folder with the same name but without the .zip extension. Make a mental note of where this folder is...

Next, go to Comodo Dragons extensions page, and check the 'Developer Mode' box [1]. Then click the 'Load unpacked extension' button [2] and navigate your way to the folder I mentioned previously. Click on the small arrow to the left of the AdBlock-v2.66.0 folder to open it and select the first folder beneath it, named adblock. With that folder selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the dialogue box.

...if all went well the AdBlock extension should now be installed into CD and you can uncheck the 'Developer mode' checkbox.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:21 AM

Thanks Scott, Worked like a charm.

I installed V.3.30.1

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 5:58 AM

Cheers Don.  : )

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Wed, Jun 20 2018 10:33 AM
    Block forum posts with an ad blocker
    tested on AdBlock, AdblockPlus & uBlock Origin

I'm sure that I tried to block forum posts with AdBlock/Adblock Plus before, but without success. So they have either updated their applications to make it easier, or I have just been more determined this time, because I have managed to get it to work.

I have the latest versions of AdBlock & Adblock Plus on my machine, so if you have older versions, this may not work.

Whichever of these applications you use, you will have to add custom filters to block posts and quotes.

From the AdBlock icon on your browsers toolbar, select options, then, for AdBlock, click the Customize tab, and for Adblock Plus, click the Advanced tab.

In the manual filter boxes, you should add the filters below (blue text).

The first one is to block posts and the second one is to block quotes. Where it has 'scotthope' and 'anothername' in bold between the brackets, are examples. You can put the name/s of whoever you want to block between those brackets, but if you have more than one name, each name must be separated with a pipe '|' character.

I wouldn't advise the editing of anything outside the innermost brackets, unless you understand the construction AdBlock's custom filters. The filter is not case sensitive so you need not worry about capitalization when entering names into the filter...

wgt.com#?#ul.ForumPostList>li:-abp-has(img[alt=ScottHope])
    wgt.com#?#ul.ForumPostList>li:-abp-has(a:-abp-contains(/\b(scotthope|anothername)\b/i))
    wgt.com#?#blockquote:-abp-has(div:-abp-contains(ScottHope))
    wgt.com#?#blockquote:-abp-has(div:-abp-contains(/\b(scotthope|anothername)\b/i))

The blockquote filter removes the entire quote along with any other nested quotes. I would've preferred it if only the named quote was removed, but that is proving difficult for me...

There is another post HERE showing how to add a custom filter to AdBlock to remove the background image from my profile page.

Custom Filter Documentation

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Mon, Jul 9 2018 12:51 AM

Tweaking Gary Pinhunters wind & shot distance calculator

Adjusting Wind Offset :

To adjust the wind offset for a wind direction of 9 o'clock , locate that value in the wind direction column . Click on the cell immediately to the right of that , and then go up to the formula bar . The 100 value in the formula is the one to be adjusted, try going up or down by 5-10 to start with. Increasing it will reduce the wind offset yardage and decreasing it will increase the yardage.

In some of the wind direction formulas, this divisor is 200, but the method used to tweak the wind offset yardage is the same.

Tweaking Adjusted Distance :

To tweak the shot distance for a wind direction of 9 o'clock , again locate that value in the wind direction column , and go to the cell in the distance factor column on the same row . Change the value in that cell to adjust the adjusted distance yardage. The value in the cell only needs to be adjusted in small amounts, adding or subtracting 0.001 from the current value in the cell should only change the adjusted distance by one or two yards, but this will vary depending on the wind direction value for the current shot.

(Click on the images to view them full sized)

• msulaman
    446 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 10:10 AM

Thanks so much for all the work you do for this community Scott.

Question about your Play One Hole script. When I try it the image I see is clipped at the bottom:

This is using the Cyberfox browser. Any suggestions?

• msulaman
    446 Posts
    Mon, Sep 3 2018 10:39 AM

Definitely something to do with the browser. It all works fine in Firefox. Very nice interface as well. Love the way the background picture changes according to my menu choices.
    You put a lot of work into this simple application.

Now, I'm going to ask a question that you should feel free to ignore if it entails a lot of extra work for you. Suppose I wanted to put this menu somewhere on my wgt home page. How would I go about doing that?

RSS