Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scott's tips.

Wed, Feb 21 2024 6:30 AM (745 replies)
  • PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 2:48 AM

LMAO, I didnt realise I'd posted that.

I was mucking around (unsuccessfully) trying to type results into the boxes. Couldn't get cursor to line up with boxes though.

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 2:49 AM

The cursor doesn't line up but the text should. The text for the player names in the left hand column is right justified, so when you start typing there the text will appear from the right hand side of the box.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Mon, May 11 2015 3:22 AM

Cool, thanks for that Scott (the go to guy).

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, May 14 2015 11:01 AM
    WGT Golf Reset for Windows

If your WGT game isn't working correctly, you could try resetting it.

There is no feature built into the game to do this, but you can download and run a small script that I have written to simulate a reset.

The script removes the WGT key from your computers registry. This may sound drastic, but if any of the values within this key are corrupt or missing, they will be renewed when you launch the game again after running the script.

There is no need to worry about losing any of your stats or equipment, these are stored at WGTs end and will remain safe.

The only things you need to have after running the script are your WGT login name and password, as the script will log you out of the game. All the game settings will also be reset to their defaults.

To reset the game download this file . Once downloaded, locate it in your downloads folder and double click it to run it. You will get some security pop ups about modifying the registry, but OK those.

The file only takes a couple of seconds to do its job, after which you can launch the game.

Job done!

• WillyBigg
    2,135 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 8:39 AM

Thanks for all this Scott, very helpful

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 9:02 AM

Thank you Willy.  : )

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 9:14 AM

+1 to WBigg..............Great stuff and thanks again.  I know you said before you never minded me linking to your equipment tables from my website.  Since taken the liberty of linking to the YouTube advice you gave as well now as well as recommending anything else that might be on your home page:).............Hope that's OK and thanks again

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Thu, May 28 2015 10:32 AM

No problem at all Jim, thank you.

• VicTanny
    238 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 2:06 PM

Would you know how to remove the annoying David Leadbetter tips from WGT?

Thank you

• ScottHope
    9,981 Posts
    Sat, Jun 27 2015 3:37 PM

RSS