Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Most Detested Course

Sun, Feb 1 2015 5:34 AM (102 replies)
  • JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Oct 30 2014 11:09 PM

Kia seems to be one of the top 3 most detested one in this thread, but it may be my best from lowest scores. e.g. I recently went 12 under, but then I go play STA yesterday and struggle and maybe get 2 under. BPB is another one that's a pain, contrary to many other players. 

PH I've had some ok scores, I think on the F9, but there is always a bogey on both F & B.  

edit: Kiawah

• sean90now7
    6 Posts
    Sun, Nov 2 2014 12:03 PM

for me it would be merion and oly front 9

• TheNewTigerWood1
    9 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 1:58 PM

I think Brandon Dunes should be deleted. It sucks!

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 11:22 AM

I've played Kiawah around 15 times or so over the years.    I think the course plays very similar to how the WGT version plays, of course I can't hit a 325 yard drive and it is difficult to even get permission to play from the true back tees a Kiawah.

The issue is the greens.   They just don't putt like that at Kiawah.   However I will say that during the early fall, the greens are extremely fast, after the heat of the summer when they can cut them short.   Still I have never had a putt as severe there as many that we get on WGT, many of the WGT pin placements are rarely seen there.

I've also played St Andrews, greens are extremely slow there nothing like we putt on here, even at the lower tournament speed.   Played Beth Page as well, pretty fair representation of what you see there.

It will rarely be perfect, esp since many of us only get to play a course a few times and the conditions might not be the normal when we play there.  

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 12:31 PM

TarheelsRule:
    I've played Kiawah around 15 times or so over the years.
    Lucky William indeed !

I played St. Andrews when I was 12...it was really cool, exciting for me, but hard work and a poor score...I loved it and admit that playing it here is work for me. I've gone low here, but it can still provide a hole or a couple of shots that disturb an otherwise good showing.

I really look forward to the Pebble Beach addition. I have played it many, many times from age 8 up to now, I'm 27. With the amazing skill of WGT, I know it will be very special, down to the strange way it plays...It starts timid and as you go along you notice each hole becomes slightly more difficult than the previous one. Along with the habit of slight mis-judged or mis-hit shots that are severely punished. It is going to be spectacular.  ~ SP ~

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 5:32 PM

Hard to choose just one    :-)

• JoeLeTaxi91
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 9:37 PM

best of Bandon par 3.

• razza31
    703 Posts
    Thu, Jan 8 2015 10:45 PM

Pinehurst takes the cake by a mile. Most boring course out here.Not a fan of Kiawah greens either despite having my best score there.They also could have made the BOP 4 not be the hardest of par 4s..

I would be in the minority to say I love Merion,Oly and Oakmont. They're tough but fun.

• CanineSupervisor
    1,882 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 1:00 PM

They all suck..lolol

just sayin'...

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Jan 9 2015 3:06 PM

What dog breath said. 

RSS