Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New courses opinions

Thu, Oct 23 2014 11:42 PM (59 replies)
  • JSSfamilyfungolf
    76 Posts
    Sun, May 25 2014 5:38 AM

Everyone this is meant for players to suggest new courses. I recommend wgt to start on Augusta National soon and maybe the golf course of the last tournament of European Tour (I am not sure of the name :D). Of course I'm not trying to push wgt as they r now busy working on Bandon Dunes and Pebble Beach. However, there is still the end of the year before they start again on the next US open course. Hope wgt will look into this seriously!

JSSfamilyfungolf

• LuckyMcD23
    10 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 6:01 PM

My top three are pipe dreams, but I'll throw them out anyway. Cypress Point, National Golf Links, and Augusta National. The first two are far too exclusive to allow the WGT team to shoot and neither will ever host a major to get on the list that way. I always thought Augusta would never be in a game, but now that EA Sports proved me wrong they have an exclusive.

If I'm being realistic, TPC Sawgrass, Spyglass Hill, and Muirfield Village would probably top my list. All are public courses (at least I think Muirfield Village), all three like attention (especially the first two), all have been featured in games before, and they all host regular tournaments. Slightly below them, but still near the top of my list would be Whistling Straits. Then they could replicate the perfect 2010 major season Augusta, Pebble Beach, St. Andrews, and Whistling Straits. 

But really, if any of the first three could happen it would be amazing. Along with Pebble Beach, they are the best courses in the world and the opportunity to play them even virtually would be incredible. Even a cheapskate like me would be willing to pay for the opportunity.

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Fri, Jul 25 2014 10:55 PM

None of the first three you mentioned will ever make it to WGT.

I like the new partnership with the PGA.  I have argued for a while that since it is now obvioius that the Brits and Scots don't want WGT on their courses, we need to look at the PGA courses.    I would be more than fine to add the US Opean and PGA course each year for the future along with one true golf course.

Let the hoping for the PGA to come on boards seriously this year.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:49 PM

WGT may grow to a point WGT can challenge EA Sports for the use of Augusta National.

Since St. Andrews and Royal St. Georges were added I think it may have become to much of a logistical and use licensing headache for WGT to travel outside the USA to include a golf course.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 1:58 PM

I'd rather think that they are too snobbish to accept the deal:

No dogs, no women, no virtual presence.

I'm dreaming of playing RSG for real. It's reachable, a good hour's flight to London, 2 hours drive to western Kent...

But, now they cash in more than STA for the Old Course, 170 GBP! I get four fancy rounds at Canoustie (*) for that amount!

(*) Burnside, beating big brother Carnastie for me.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 2:11 PM

alosso:
    I'd rather think that they are too snobbish to accept the deal:

Yep.

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sat, Jul 26 2014 8:35 PM

Augusta will just never happen, so I'd try to forget that dream. I've got a picture of #15 at Augusta, part of Amen Corner.....It's painted. I can only imagine how many of the members think about and act towards the 'common folk'?

I'd like to see TPC Sawgrass, Pebble Beach full 18, & Dubai 18.

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 9:49 AM

WGT is in the process of doing Pebble Beach full 18 for stroke play.

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 5:41 PM

• ShadyShank
    629 Posts
    Sun, Jul 27 2014 10:21 PM

ApexPC:
    WGT is in the process of doing Pebble Beach full 18 for stroke play.

True, but I'd like to see it. I've been a member since January 2014 and that course has been CTTH the whole time. I was really pumped when I saw it too, until I went to play 18.... : (

RSS