Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Sorting errors

Sat, Nov 22 2014 10:53 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 2:44 AM

New: In the game client, the clubs are shown in a strange order: wedges before irons.
    (not in the profile where it's unchanged)

Can anybody confirm this?

Old: The CC member list, sorting "date last played" shows a random arrangement, quite accurate at the top (1) but more and more leaving the correct order to the bottom (2).

(1) but two entries from today (05-18) are mixed into yesterday (05-17).

(2) E.g., eight 2014 and 2013 dates in random order after one from 2012.

All other sort options seem immaculate, including the other "date" sorting, "join date".

I've been wondering a long time how a program might fail in such detail(?)

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 3:13 AM

Nothing would surprise me Paul. These programmers have the art of screwing something up mastered.

Sadly I have lost hope and those "green fees" I can no longer justify. I (or others I play with) can no longer complete a game without an error of some sort - has become too frustrating.

As for CC owners it must be exasperating to have so few tools (and half of them seem to be broken) and zero customer service to help you.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 3:34 AM

*sad grin*

I'm "fortunate" to have withdrawn from MP games by my own will - thus I've not been bothered by the recent meltdown (judging from the public moans).

The CC is running without much fuss - options missing for further easy activity.

More than anything else, it's sad to see positive people like you lose the impetus - wonder how (if at all) the echelon reacts on this development?

Cheers around the world!

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 10:28 AM

alosso:

New: In the game client, the clubs are shown in a strange order: wedges before irons.
    (not in the profile where it's unchanged)

Can anybody confirm this?

I can. I first noticed it a couple of months ago.

It has no effect other than looking sloppy.

I've come to the conclusion that:

1. WGT doesn't pay the wages needed to attract the better programmers.

2. WGT has substantial employee turnover because they don't pay well.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 11:11 AM

alosso:

All other sort options seem immaculate, including the other "date" sorting, "join date".

I've often used the sort by date last played to see who's inactive in our club and as far as I recall it's always been a bit screwed up.

I couldn't tell you if there was a pattern but I know it wasn't right.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 11:11 AM

ApexPC:

I've come to the conclusion that:

1. WGT doesn't pay the wages needed to attract the better programmers.

2. WGT has substantial employee turnover because they don't pay well.

*thumbs up!*

3. They keep the number low deliberately.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Sun, May 18 2014 11:15 AM

Here's the bottom of our country club member list, sorted by date last played.

There are many wrong entries earlier on but it really gets a bit messed up at the bottom.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 12:45 AM

alosso:

Old: The CC member list, sorting "date last played" shows a random arrangement, quite accurate at the top (1) but more and more leaving the correct order to the bottom (2).

Add this:

(3) A strange observation:

Sorting my CC members by "best round", there are four players at the top and two players at the bottom with the notice "N/A". Their ranked round # is between 2 and 358, tiers from Hack to Master.

How comes?

First guess is, these players have never played a ranked 18 hole round, thus failing to trigger this number, like it was with the scoring awards by course ("Smasher", "Obliterator" etc.) before. OTOH, the "Best Round" counts 9 hole scores, too.

• ScottHope
    10,130 Posts
    Wed, Jun 4 2014 1:13 AM

That's another good case for a copy and paste into Excel.

• alosso
    21,042 Posts
    Mon, Jun 30 2014 8:20 AM

bump!

Can I expect any substantial comment by the gentile moderateurs before the month is over?

alosso:

alosso:

Add this:

(3) A strange observation:

Sorting my CC members by "best round", there are four players at the top and two players at the bottom with the notice "N/A". Their ranked round # is between 2 and 358, tiers from Hack to Master.

How comes?

First guess is, these players have never played a ranked 18 hole round, thus failing to trigger this number, like it was with the scoring awards by course ("Smasher", "Obliterator" etc.) before. OTOH, the "Best Round" counts 9 hole scores, too.

• PAGES
RSS