Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Master

Tue, Sep 28 2010 11:26 AM (5 replies)
  • bigbob108
    26 Posts
    Sun, Sep 26 2010 7:14 PM

I just made Master today and I was so excited to be able to go to the pro shop and get the new big dog driver.  When I go there, everything is locked and it looks like I will never be able to be eligible for one for a year or two.  I’m a level 32 and evidently the driver I think I need to compete with is opened at level 77.  This isn’t right.  I can’t compete with my old driver, some of the fairways I can’t even reach from the new Master Tees.  Is that it?

• Dee73
    3 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 9:37 AM

i would have to agree.  I see that prior to the changes with the levels anyone who made Master was able to buy clubs such as the TaylorMade Tri 8.5 which most of the decent players seem to have.

The people that are currently playing with these clubs aren't even at level 77 yet.

Surely this has to change.  I too currently have the best driver that I can get for my level and is making reaching numerous par 4's unachievable in two.

Surely this has to be an error......

• imperialrock
    217 Posts
    Mon, Sep 27 2010 11:40 AM

Here's my understanding of the new system:

When I personally bought a bag full of "Master-level" gear, there were no levels, but I had to be a Master in order to purchase the gear.  So whether it took me 2 years or 2 days to get to that level, once I was there, I could buy that stuff and use it.

NOW, there are no tier restrictions on any gear, just an exp. level needed.  This is not bad news, necessarily, b/c you can get the gear regardless of your score average - - and my guess is that like most new Masters, your score average is about to go up.

But thats OK, I'd say just play your favorite 9 hole track a whole bunch and rack up experience, you'll get there pretty soon if you just keep plugging away.  When you make the level you need, you can buy the gear.

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 5:47 AM

imperialrock:
    But thats OK, I'd say just play your favorite 9 hole track a whole bunch and rack up experience, you'll get there pretty soon i

I disagree somewhat here imperial. I'm at L49 now (playing every day) and already the amount of points needed to go up a level is about 2,700. If a person were to play only 9 hole courses, where experience gained is about 210 points, this means at least 13 rounds per level. To get from level 30 to 70'ish, you're looking at months of play. Because of this, I'm sure WGT will implement some kind of experience accelerator system pretty soon. If they don't, I can see them losing whole swathes of players.

• Golfspieler
    1,614 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 7:48 AM

WGTsky adressed this issue in the following thread ( link at bottom). I would agree it takes forever to move up through the levels, it makes no sense the way it works now. People want to spend money on clubs and cant because they have to play day and night for a year to get to the required level. Just stupid.  

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/23330.aspx

• BriRock
    148 Posts
    Tue, Sep 28 2010 11:26 AM

Perhaps i missed something...i turned Master and was able to Purchase the Taylor Made R9 TP 8.5 Master driver, the Ping G10 Master 3-wood, and the Redwood Master putter...Are those clubs no longer available???  Cuz im at level 34 and even though i have all these clubs, can no longer purchase them...actually i dont even see them...I just turned Master about three weeks ago.

RSS