Forums

Help › Forums

Re: LegendCrusher Memorial!!!

Sat, Aug 1 2015 3:02 AM (204 replies)
  • lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:20 AM

I may catch a bit of flack for this as didn't know Rich as some of you did .. we played a few times.  Seemed to be a pretty good guy.   Clearly a lot of the folks who have posted make very good points about doing something to memorialize him.   Can't disagree with that.

What confuses me is ... why do you folks need WGT and/or their moderators involvement ? If you feel strongly --- put together something and do it.   Why does the WGT team even need to be involved ?  They will just slow things down and hamper your creativity.  

For an example - look at what Wayne (mrcaddie) did with the 12 days of Christmas (heck even in July) ... or many of the others who have pulled the community together for a good cause.

I agree - someone who knew him and feels strongly about it should take the lead and do something in his honor ...

Just saying.

• bluey403
    1,526 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:35 AM

I have held quiet on this subject until now and have read and respected your opinions.

Having played a number of Alt Shot games with Rich, I must say he truly was a Legend and will be sadly missed by this community.

Sadly we are going to lose many more players in coming years.

May is the month of the Memorial Tournament on the PGA Tour, and therefore I propose WGT should hold a tourney held every May in honour of those of us that have passed on.

Not the least a great lead in to the US Open, but a moment to reflect on the countless friends we make here and will lose also.

Will miss your enthusiasm LC.

• sweetmiffy
    2,110 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:40 AM

thebigeasy707:

I'd quite happily put up WGT $50 for the prize money for a Single Play tourney or Multi Round.

All I know is that it would be a crying shame if we didn't do something neat to show our respect to Rich. He put a lot of of his own time into helping others learn this game.

Let's do this folks.

WGT....where can I send you the prize money?

Maybe one of the admins / mods can pm me or whatever....and I'll send it over.

Hi BigEasy

I also knew LegendCrusher (Rich) and he was very sweet to me. I support your call for a tournament and I'll match your $50.

Perhaps we shouldn't rely on WGT to set up the tournament though? We could do it ourselves couldn't we?

Would the entries be limited to invitation only, to prevent the weirdo's from playing?

• geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 2:42 AM

lvietri:

I may catch a bit of flack for this as didn't know Rich as some of you did .. we played a few times.  Seemed to be a pretty good guy.   Clearly a lot of the folks who have posted make very good points about doing something to memorialize him.   Can't disagree with that.

What confuses me is ... why do you folks need WGT and/or their moderators involvement ? If you feel strongly --- put together something and do it.   Why does the WGT team even need to be involved ?  They will just slow things down and hamper your creativity.  

For an example - look at what Wayne (mrcaddie) did with the 12 days of Christmas (heck even in July) ... or many of the others who have pulled the community together for a good cause.

I agree - someone who knew him and feels strongly about it should take the lead and do something in his honor ...

Just saying.

When WGT allows members to make tourneys i guess then we would not need them. Really that is what needs to happen. They should allow members from his CC to make tourney.

And you are for sure right on the slowing things down part. Notice they have not even replied to this thread. Nope sitting back and reading the thread and doing nothing as usual. 

I will be totally surprised really if they do make a tourney for Rich. How they roll. Now i bet if was a credit tourney and they got a rake we would have a tourney in a second. Yup no doubt about it. No money.... nothing happens here.

I will say this though..... they don't do the right thing i will quit this game for good. Leave my profile in memory of Rich.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 4:59 AM

lvietri:

Just saying.

I honestly hope you don't catch any flack, because it would be totally uncalled for Lou. You're one of the games all round great guys. :)

My initial idea was to simply have a one off weekly single play  or multiround event named in his honour. As members we can't set up the weeklies, therefore would need help from Icon who sets them up. Just a one off weekly tourney or the May Monthly Open for instance could be named after Rich.

I just think we should unite together.....the WGT community & WGT staff as one and have an official tourney set up in his honour.

There's a reason why WGT is the best virtual golf game this side of the universe and that's because of the fantastic community spirit, the great work the wgt staff do as well as the game being so addictive :)

Sure....there can be other offshoot tourneys set up by members etc BUT I think an official one off event set up by WGT would be a great ultimate tribute to Rich.

Hopefully people like Icon & Yancy will live for another 100 years......but eventually we all expire. Well I'd like to think when that day arrives....WGT would hold a comp in their honour too :)

It doesn't have to for big credits or any creds for that matter. More just as a mark of respect.

I think something like the May Monthly Open set up by WGT and called something like  "The Legendcrusher Memorial" would suffice. That to me is a fitting  acknowledgement.

• hobbe95
    812 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 6:31 AM

thebigeasy707:
    I think something like the May Monthly Open set up by WGT and called something like  "The Legendcrusher Memorial" would suffice. That to me is a fitting  acknowledgement.

+1

I never played with him but ive seen what he has done in this community.

• mrcaddie
    2,429 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 7:21 AM

deleted

• GARRYCARTER
    1,533 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 7:57 AM

Great idea hope you get it going.

GC.

• MainzMan
    9,586 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:17 AM

thebigeasy707:

A very good idea TBE.   I sadly never got to know LC but I saw how helpful and generous he was around here.

It wouldn't be right not to honour him in some official way.

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:01 AM

Great idea mate, hopefully WGT will join your idea, and ALL together will be able to remember this great man ...

RSS