Forums

Help › Forums

Cheats: It's Long Past Time That WGT Took This and the Members Seriously

Tue, Apr 15 2014 9:46 AM (99 replies)
  • Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:36 AM

LizzieRossetti:

Well don't stop thinking that it still doesn't stink, and stop thinking that the stink isn't not stinking because you stop thinking it isn't stinking because it still stinks whatever you think.

Lizzie xx

I call on you all to keep your eyeball on the ball, stall and we all fall and may be left with no balls to be able to eyeball because we hadn't the balls to force WGT to make the call on all the tall tale galling cheats!  And all because of a ball.  ;--/

Two things that are obvious having read many different and recent posts about the cheating.

1. The most glaring oddity is that WGT have still not issued a defintve statement on all of this.   Or have they? Link please.

2.  The other oddity is the attempts here by some members to try and explain away obvious cheating as something else. 

We need to do something, otherwise the arguments will just be repeated and repeated...new members, new suckers, repeat, repeat, repeat........

If you feel strongly enough about this issue and want to try get it sorted, send an email to WGT and let your feelings be known.   members@worldgolftour.com

I'm working on a couple of ideas that might make WGT take the members and this cheating issue seriously.

pejon60:

You don't seriously think that WGT gives a toss about multi account players do you....why should they as they make MORE MONEY!!!

I don't play ANY of the WGT credit required tournies NONE!

Why should I give my hard earned to any CHEAT that WGT couldn't careless about.

They bleat about the Random variating program installed.....All that *** does is PISS OFF honest players...while the cheaters using linked programs just continue to shoot ridiculous 52's+ 20-16 under!

WGT know people are cheating...I know it ...all the other honest players know it...only WGT, the sublimely STUPID people and the CHEATERS themselves want to deny it!

LizzieRossetti:

Well don't stop thinking that it still doesn't stink, and stop thinking that the stink isn't not stinking because you stop thinking it isn't stinking because it still stinks whatever you think.

Lizzie xx

Leave it too Lizzie the Lip to keep us smiling and caring.

A clever use of words, and funny too, thanks Lizzie.  xx

• Talluin
    257 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:33 AM

Seriously,

I applaud your tenacity but in all honesty, WGT will do zip.

The answer quite simply is stay within your own Country Club/friends and enjoy the game.

There are some fabulous players on wgt, some fabulous country clubs who quite frankly couldn't give a monkeys about playing for credits against unknowns.

I made the decision only yesterday to relearn the game all over again using unlimited balls, i now LOVE the game again, its a challenge and a sensible scoring one at that.  55's?  brilliant for the guys that can afford to buy/good enough to win ready-go's/tournaments etc.  I',m not that good and have spent far too much money already on a game i don't believe i'm fully in control of anymore.

I am shooting around about -6's, -7's with unlimited balls and its the most fun i've had since i started the game.  I miss the sense of achievement in making birdies, like i did when i first started.  nowadays, if i miss a couple of birdie putts its basically the end of the round for a good score.

I'm never going to be at the highest echelons.. the Fmagnets,Sebicu, notonthis, bollox, dansamcammanwhambamthankyoumams of this world but i want to enjoy it.  I applaude all of these players, I've learned a great deal from watching all of them on youtube etc

F*** the cheats, play with your friends, in your country club and have fun fun fun! :) 

there's also thegolfclub on the horizon which Southern are keeping more than an eye on :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:35 AM

3 different threads? C'mon man, enough already.

• raycin1019
    377 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 7:54 AM

On three occasions, i have contacted WGTIcon about obvious cheats in the monthly tournaments, i.e. on April 5, a hack shot a 59 using free clubs (who joined WGT less than 5 days before shooting it, and on all three occasions, when i searched for the person a few hours later, they could not be found.  Therefore, i am assuming that WGT booted them.

They were probably back within a day, but at least they did not win the credits for that monthly tournament.

So, i think that if you turn these people in, WGT does take a look at them

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:11 AM

I'm getting strong feelings of déja vu here...

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:13 AM

The OP really shouldn't call out players on the forums.

If you look more closely you will see the player he mentioned won a prize in a special ad industry invitational tournament with a small number of competitors and a score of 78 on an unlimited CTTH which is good but not outrageous. Could be legit. If he weren't it seems unlikely he would have been invited to play by WGT.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 8:24 AM

PaulTon:
    I'm getting strong feelings of déja vu here...

Again?

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:32 AM

Andy and Paul get their get great comfort from each other's juvenile ways. 

• Dubfore
    4,348 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:36 AM

Damn, a 78? I can't find the bloody link to the competition.  My mistake posting his name. 

But take his name away and what have you got? The end of cheating? 

• opyeuclid
    6,706 Posts
    Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:41 AM

Dubfore:
    Andy and Paul get their get great comfort from each other's juvenile ways.

I want to play , But its Tuesday and thats one of my reformed days .

RSS