Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Want to make sure you play all of the courses?...

rated by 0 users
Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:51 AM (2 replies)
  • Iggy220
    20 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 6:43 AM

I'm sure I'll be laughed at and ridiculed, but that's something I'm quite accustomed to.  ;-)

A friend of mine and I are self proclaimed WGT junkies, we simply enjoy playing the game... a lot... even though we've only been members for less than a year.

We stick to playing Stroke Play, 9 holes at a time most of the time.  We found that we were playing the same courses over and over again, not enjoying the full spectrum of all the ones available.

Me, being the neurotic, spreadsheet loving guy that I am, put together a spreadsheet to track the courses, our wins, not only by course but by overall "cycle".  Funny to see how evenly matched Skunk and I are... Rather amazing actually after tracking almost 700 rounds.  Now we're sure to enjoy all the courses available to us (for free).

I thought I'd share the look of the spreadsheet and the formula's used in case there are any other weirdos out there who are bored and interested.

I found a website that provides random numbers so that after we complete a cycle, the courses are randomized so we aren't playing them in the same order each cycle.  We also just recently added the Best of Par 3, 4 and 5 courses to our mix and look forward to Pinehurst being added in May.

Have a good chuckle and shake your head as you take a look at this...  LOL

The blue highlights are simply marking our respective best 3 courses that we brag about "owning" and allows us to talk trash when we whip the other on his home course.

http://screencast.com/t/rbOa4X7WT6Wf

http://screencast.com/t/TNPrMhMyS

Iggy

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:14 AM

Ok, I laughed at you but it's kinda cool what you did. ;)

Have fun and hit 'em straight.....

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Tue, Apr 1 2014 10:51 AM

Nice to see someone else using Techsmith's products (Jing) and doing spreadsheet work, nice job Iggy. I do something similar with Excel and trying to play all courses equally (except the cartoon ones) but it's just my scores.

RSS