Help › Forums

improvement tips

rated by 0 users
Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:29 PM (0 replies)
  • bigdh1970
    1 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 3:29 PM

Hi,

I have been playing for a short while, my ranking came down to about the 72 mark, I then seemed to struggle around there for ages, I am now a tour pro but have made a  remarkable discovery.

No cheats, no lies, just plain old help for players like me who struggled to make 3 or 4 birdies per round but also threw in some 8 or 9'S!

Easy, I upgraded to new balls.

My other tip is to avoid aiming for the wind lets say 12 and above, and just "miss" the centre aim line on the side from which the wind is blowing.

It took a couple of rounds to get used to the balls (St.Andrews is my choice) but I can now stop the ball on the green (depending on the 1st bounce!)

I also have upgraded clubs, including putter, but this made all the difference, I lie 16th in a tournament, after being happy to rank in the top 1000!

I am testing out my new found confidence playing another St. A tourney, I wont win but now feel confident and am happy to grip it and rip it!!

If like me, you where getting down at heart about improving your scores, I hope my message helps.

All the best !

RSS