Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Buying clubs with free credits

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:42 AM (4 replies)
  • Fethe
    6 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 10:49 AM

Hi... I`m new and i reach tour pro level, so i got 375 credits...

I`d like to know if there are any clubs i can buy with these credits, and if so... what should i buy? A driver, irons or putter?

For what i`ve been seen, i can´t afford any reasonable club and it seems like i`ll stay in this level forever...

Well... that´s all

Thanks

• panzer32
    493 Posts
    Fri, Sep 17 2010 1:44 PM

I think a good putter's your first upgrade, then a driver.  There are a couple good putters starting at 400 credits, so just out of your price range... I'd suggest chipping in a dollar of your own money and buying a half decent putter.  The default putter sucks ;)  Putt for dough...

• anomahaguy
    93 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 1:36 AM

there is actualy an entire set of clubs you can get for only 99 credits.

http://www.wgt.com/proshop/product.aspx?i=5c7bead8-8703-4af5-994c-5252740dc9a5&c=Bundles

they're an improvement for sure if you've been using starter or beginner clubs.

and just what has worked for me having to work with so few credits myself...but..

the other putters you could get just aren't worth it. stick with the beginner putter till you can get one of the higher end putters. worth more to be able to relatively easily ding it than how bad they can spray on the long putts if you miss just a little. the few rounds i played with a tour starter putter...it was absolutely not worth keeping. what looks like an improved club did not translate well on the courses at all..

then upgrade your 3w as soon as you can. a good 3w can make up a lot more yardage than a good driver. especialy when the par 3's start getting just out of reach. just from what i'd seen, the next driver up only gives you maybe 5 yards ( talking about going as cheap as you can) but, for very little you can upgrade your 3w by 20-30 yards for a very small amount. actualy even replacing your driver, as long as you're not worried about your stats because a 3w or any other club off the tee doesn't count as a fairway hit.  anyways..

and then before long you'll have some more credits and that's when you're going to need to get you some wedges..and probably a driver...but that'll all come later.

• Fethe
    6 Posts
    Sat, Sep 18 2010 9:09 AM

thanks for your advices...

Since my economy doesn´t allow me to buy credits, It looks like starter+ kit is my only option because it´s imposible to reach master.. at least for a long long time...

• Fethe
    6 Posts
    Mon, Sep 20 2010 8:42 AM

finally i bought the starter plus set and the TaylorMade Z Satin TP 54º Wedge...

Now let´s see if i can improve my game with that....

RSS