Forums

Help › Forums

Re: your country of residence does not qualify...

Mon, May 21 2012 2:19 AM (9 replies)
  • bastivargas
    3 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 10:52 PM

I'm from Chile and a golf fan and I feel discriminated. Although some holes from some courses are impossible to reach in two (and that discriminates some short hitters) I haven't been able to play any tournamets because it tells me I'm inelegible to play them because of where I live.

I thought the main idea of Internet was to gather people from all over the world and share information (in this case to share the passion for the sport). Apparently this is not important for WGT

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 11:16 PM

A Brief Explanation of International Contest Laws

Contest law varies [greatly] between different countries. If you were to open up a contest to people all over the world, you would have to research the law in every single country on earth, to avoid getting yourself in legal trouble. For a typical promotional contest, this is just too much work. The legal fees for the required research would be much more than the payoff of the promotion. Additionally, there are some problematic legal questions inherent in any international contest. For example, if something were to go wrong, -- say, the prize was lost in shipping -- what court would the contest winner go to? It would be a very tough legal question just figuring out who had jurisdiction.

What it comes down to is that it's just too much work for a company to find out how to cover themselves, legally, in multiple countries and in all states. After all, the typical rules and regulations of a contest running only in the United States take up 20 or so paragraphs. Just think how small a company would have to make the print to cover itself internationally!

Don't just throw out the word 'discrimination' because you don't understand something.  Google is your friend.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, May 30 2009 11:21 PM

You need to take up the issue with Polla Chilena de Beneficencia, Chile's state run lottery operator. It is quite possible that WGT is not able to secure a contract for gaming in your country.

• HoberM
    1 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 1:17 AM

Hey there.  I understand the frustration.  I'm from New Zealand and cannot play in many tournaments either and therefore cannot improve my clubs.  WGT does not live up to expectations.

• bastivargas
    3 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2009 8:54 AM

Thank you for all the information given.

There was a lot that I did not know. I still wish I could play.

See you.

• MoonLight
    9 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2009 5:11 AM

Dear Americans friends, I'm from Italy, I understand the problems about legacy & games, but I think that you can make better figure, if u call the game American golf tour!!

Sorry a little very easy explanation:

The world is the heart and the men are only organisms of different type ...We have to live together on this world...'Cause there's only one world where we can live.Peace and respect for all the creature on this unique wonderful Habitat!

• maxfri2109
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 8:20 AM

I'm ok with you MoonLight !!!!  

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 9:06 AM

To all our non-US members, we are working on solutions to make sure as much of the content is made available to you as possbile based on your country's regulations.  We have players from over 200 countries on WGT and the international flavor is what many of us enjoy in multiplayer games.  We are actively working to open up more countries to participate in the tournaments.  We are also working on payment solutions for greater access outside of the US and Canada.  Thanks for your patience

• bastivargas
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 5 2009 10:41 AM

thank you.

after all, creatinig this "topic" wasn't such a bad idea. It may end up in something pretty good (like being able to play tournaments)

hugs to everyboy!!! long live the world!

• MoonLight
    9 Posts
    Mon, May 21 2012 2:19 AM

WGTadmin2:

To all our non-US members, we are working on solutions to make sure as much of the content is made available to you as possbile based on your country's regulations.  We have players from over 200 countries on WGT and the international flavor is what many of us enjoy in multiplayer games.  We are actively working to open up more countries to participate in the tournaments.  We are also working on payment solutions for greater access outside of the US and Canada.  Thanks for your patience

I'm patient,and I don't give many importance for 3$ for a game, but is not correct that I just qualified 16 in 9 hole unlimited tournament an someone take my prizes instead of me,only 'cause is in other country--- If it could be Switzerland I can reach him and drink a milk or take chocolate togeter with 3$...but the problem remains the same...For these descriminated players is very difficult to buy clubs and reach the green...

There's someone that knows other web golf game where the rules are the same for all ???

RSS