Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • biggunky
    156 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 2:07 AM

Great videos of a guy sinking putts, was a waste of time watching it tho. He fails to explain in words what he is trying to do. I guess ill just go back to poking and hoping. Very disappointing for a so-called instructional video.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 4:06 AM

In complete agreement with you Greg. It's one thing knowing finite detail about something but being able to communicate that knowledge to others, something entirely different. Shame, because I believe in this instance it would have been very beneficial for many.

• biggunky
    156 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2017 6:05 AM

All I am saying is that a little more explanation of what is going on in the video would really be helpful. A mouse pointer going around in a circle is fine, but why is the mouse being circled in that particular spot. I am not a mind reader, so difficult to grasp what he was trying to show in the video.

• Signet7
    4 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 10:31 AM

Tekoma:

Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol. 1

Just started with WGT less than 2 weeks ago, and was really excited to see this thread and videos. But I'm starting off a bit confused, starting with Centering the Ball:

I understand (I think) the benefit of centering the grid on the ball, and see that it can be done using Chip then Putt swing selection as in the video, or unlocking the grid (possibly newer version of WGT?). But then you have to move your aiming point, which either moves the grid away from the ball, or if unlocked, the grid leaves the ball as done previously. So, if the grid doesn't stay at the ball, I would think for the purpose of more easily estimating distance from hole to aiming point, what is the purpose of centering it?

Man, I feel so stupid, and am thrilled that this has helped so many, but none of it makes sense to me. Using the Vertex grid line seems like it's using intersections in the last grid line, but which one? What does aiming from the tip of the shoe do? Since I don't understand centering the ball, I don't understand centering the hole. Darn, I so wanted to use this to help me.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Wed, Dec 20 2017 2:48 PM
RSS