Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Tekoma's Putting Techniques vol.1

Thu, Apr 13 2023 9:02 AM (310 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:52 AM

pdb1:

I already know that I can't judge the speed of the dots correctly . I sure the hell do not want to use the mathematical formula I've seen to calculate the dots to make the shot .

If you use g0lds formula for reading the dots for a week when you practice, you will find it makes Tek's system a whole lot easier as you will already have a good visual idea where the general area to aim is...with the 70 odyssey try hitting into the break by a pixel when the dots moving at a good pace,  faster dots 2 pixels, slower dots a hair lol....

also keep in mind he(tek) has like 20 something different ways to find the right spot...he put in a lot of time to figure it out...

the club shaft extension works very well as does halving that distance, lining up the putt along the putter shaft works, and lining up the 1st and last dot does too...

The system that has been and will always be the best is hit approach shots close to the pin...LOL

• JFidanza
    1,676 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 5:50 PM

Yes, this is a short putt, and I used a variation on the technique - you can see I tried the middle grid point, then the corner but thought that was a little too much so I off-dinged past center to push it more right;

Since I hit the ball a little harder than needed, I pushed past ding much more. (so the ball would break the line sooner and curve into the hole)

TM Ghost Spider Putter L92

• unclenewy
    334 Posts
    Thu, Nov 13 2014 10:11 PM

Tekoma:

unclenewy:

Tekoma.....You're a bloody superstar!!

My scores have rocketed down.

I understand 3 of your systems and they work brilliantly!

Thank you thank you thank you!!

Neil

Hi Neil,

You are the superstar ! by not having the prejudice and try it out  to make it work for you.

That was the whole purpose behind all this countless effort and share proven result  with fellow WGT'ers.

Cheers

No sir it is you that should be rewarded somehow.

I must admit, your system will only work if you can read a putt to a certain degree. 

i.e. 

If you cannot read the break to within a few inches then you will always miss he putt. 

However.

if you are someone who can play quite well but get a lot of lip outs or shave the hole with a lot of the mid range putts, and curse the players who make these putts more than you.....as i did.....then you will love this system.

Congrats on tour legend and i hope to join you there soon now that I can putt.....thanks to you.

• skccvb
    799 Posts
    Sat, Nov 15 2014 11:26 AM

We all commend and applaud anyone on this site who takes the time and trouble (and in this case a LOT of time and effort!) to help others improve-and we all want to be better at putting! Especially true when anyone offers an original and unique way of helping others 'think' about alternate methods to - in this case- make more putts. Bravo, Tekoma. Gold's efforts we applaud as well, although I for one found it more complex (calculations) than I had any patience for.

My sense is for anyone struggling with putting - much like in the real world- that anything that inspires confidence (usually a lot of practice, trial and error,  study, failure.. then some success) leads eventually to days where- like Tiger in his heyday- EVERYTHING goes in. You basically 'will' the ball in the hole. It becomes instinctive. You also learn which reads 'lie'- think KIA greens. And of course there WILL be days where the hole just laughs and waves as your putt veers by.

And as said earlier, it really helps to stiff your approach!

RSS