Forums

Help › Forums

5 woods / 7 woods...4 / 5 hybrids

rated by 0 users
Mon, Sep 13 2010 5:44 AM (0 replies)
  • BriRock
    148 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 5:44 AM

Has anyone ever given any thoughs to possibly adding a 5 or 7 wood to the game...or maybe a few more lofted hybrids???  Obviously there are a few problems with this that i can see...one being that you have to equip an entire set of irons...meaning you couldnt swap a 3 or 4 iron for a hybrid...which in the real word is not true...its actually quite rare these days to see a 3 or even a 4 iron in a players bag...usually they are switched for hybrids...  Also i see a problem with adding a 5 or 7 wood to the game...which seems to be a problem with everything else...distance...as of now there is no need for more lofted woods because they would go as far as say a 5 or 6 iron...but...if the distances of all clubs were increased to be more realistic (not even PGA realiztic, but at least closer to it...i mean i can hit a wedge 150 yds and i'm no scratch golfer thats for sure) then a few different wood/hybrid choices would make a lot of sense...i know for some holes being able to carry a ball 230 - 240 would be a huge help...then again the ball would have to be able to stop too...just a thought

RSS