Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Gimme's

Fri, Feb 3 2023 5:35 PM (6 replies)
  • AxeIFoley
    1 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 2:06 PM

Hello All,

I am very new to this game and have playing daily and improving.  I just recenty turned level 32 (amateur).  I checked all over the forums but could not find the answer.

Why does it give me the "Gimme" option sometimes and sometimes it does not?  I also wonder if the further one rises does the option go away completely.

AxeI

• courteneyfish
    15,796 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 10:08 PM

You only get gimmees in practice rounds I believe.

• mukbrain
    225 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 10:48 PM

I think its for amateurs and hacks for ranked and practice play, Pro and higher for practice play only.

• ZioMio
    4,680 Posts
    Fri, Jan 31 2014 11:03 PM

Cut & Paste from the NEWS

You can now take a Gimme for putts that are close to the hole on WGT.

Gimme Putts are a great way to speed up games on WGT, so when you're short on time, just tap the ball in!

Hack and Amateur players can take a Gimme when the ball is within 4 feet of the hole, and Pro tier and higher players can take a Gimme when the ball is within 2 feet of the hole.

Try A Gimme

Gimmes are available in the following game types on WGT...

Hack and Amateur players (not in match play games)

• Stroke Play Practice/Ranked
    • Skins Practice/Challenge

Pro tier and higher players (not in ranked rounds or match play games)

• Stroke Play Practice
    • Skins Practice
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Feb 1 2014 12:57 AM

ZioMio:
    Skins Practice/Challenge

Allowed to have a Self Gimme in any form of the game is not good. You can miss a short putt, but if you click the option of a Gimme, then the game is Wrong, Wrong, Wrong Again....lol

If you can take a Gimme in a Challenge match in the lower grades....   well that is basically cheating....lol   Sorry, maybe wrong word to use.

I can understand if somebody else gives you the putt,  but having a look at the roll of green and click the button yaself is not good.   Bad Idea Wgt

-Roger

• Bemuse
    1 Posts
    Sat, May 23 2020 11:30 PM

mantis: its a game.

• INTHERUFF420
    3 Posts
    Fri, Feb 3 2023 5:35 PM

They give them for the head to head money holes too and it;s a major crock of crap!!! How many times I've hit a beauty of a shot within a few feet of the hole and the other guy hits it say five to six feet away, and he gets a gimme. taking away any chance I had to regain the one stroke i needed.

RSS